Posted on :
20 May, 2019
20 May, 2019
Closing Date: 28 June 2019
About the bursary programme
1. This document is not in any way an agreement or commitment.
2. The bursaries are awarded annually as per the conditions of the agreement between the recipient and the Thuthuka Bursary Fund. Renewal is at the discretion of the fund.
3. Successful applicants will be required to enter into an agreement with the Thuthuka Bursary Fund and NSFAS.
4. The closing date for applications is 28th June 2019.
5. To be considered for the Thuthuka Bursary Fund, you are required to register & write the National Benchmark Test (NBT).
6. Your application will remain incomplete until we receive the letter of provisional acceptance to university, the final Grade 12 results and NBT results.
1. The Thuthuka bursaries are only available for African and Coloured learners.
2. Only Students doing Pure Mathematics as a subject will be considered. NOT MATHS LITERACY OR TECHNICAL MATHS!
3. Applicants provisionally awarded bursaries will be notified in December.
4. The final confirmation on the awarding of the bursary will depend on the following:
a. Confirmation of your acceptance into the Thuthuka programme at a specific TBF University.
b. Attaining the required endorsement (Bachelors Pass) and points (i.e. M-Score) to study the degree leading to a CA (SA) qualification which has been designated for the TBF programme.
5. ALL CANDIDATES WILL BE ASSESSED USING THE NSFAS MEANS TEST TO DETERMINE FINANCIAL NEED
1. Certified copies of:
2. A stamped letter from your school confirming registration as well as your subjects.
The Following Universities are the only universities working with Thuthuka:
Apply to at least 3: One of these Universities must be the closest to your homeThuthuka Bursaries are only awarded to students who are accepted at these universities NB: All Bursaries are awarded in line with the criteria set by, and at the discretion of TBF and its partner correspondence will be entered into.
Download Appliction Form below. Applications must be submitted in one of the following ways, e-mail: [email protected]
Thuthuka Bursary Fund
Private Bag X32
(Applications submitted after this date will not be accepted – please apply before the closing date to ensure your application is considered.)
For any queries related to this bursary programme, please contact SAICA directly, Tel: 011 621 6600 and Email: [email protected]