The TIA Future 500 Internship Programme is aimed at leading interns to master Higher Order Thinking (HOT) Skills, the foundation of innovation and advanced problem-solving skills and full-spectrum thinking (design and creative thinking).
A new innovation-driven mindset and demand for South Africa is needed to ensure a sustainable stream of skilled workers.
For this to happen we have to begin arming our young people from foundational level with problem-solving skills and the ability to make rapid decisions based on facts and evidence.
They must also be instilled with commercial awareness and the talent for spotting opportunities.
- Agricultural Engineering,
- Chemical Engineering,
- Chemistry, Physics, and Biology,
- Data Management,
- Electrical Engineering,
- Electronic Engineering,
- Health & Safety,
- Mechanical Engineering,
- Mining, Oil & Energy,
- Other Research Development,
- Science and Scientific Research,
- Research, Science, Traineeship, Water, and Sanitation
- Admin, Office & Support,
- Chemical / Petrochemical,
- Environmental / Horticulture / Agriculture,
- Government / Municipal,
- Information Technology,
- Mining, Oil & Gas, Petrochemical,
- Pharmaceutical / Medical / Healthcare / Hygiene,
- Production,Research,Science & Technology
- The Future 500 is an initiative aimed at strengthening critical thinking capabilities to enable innovation to occur spanning over a 2 to 3 year period
(the call out is for recruitment for the 1st year of the programme).
- Year 1: Life Skills and ‘Maximising Me’ and developing creative thinking skills.
- Year 2 to 3: Developing collaborative, entrepreneurial thinking skills, building Innovation Teams and participating in Innovation Challenges for solutions to real-life problems.
Applicants to select category applied for:
- 001 Learnerships – Matric + 1 to 2-year Certificate
- 002 Internships – Matric + 2 to 4 years ( National Diploma, degree and Postgrad)
- 003 CHUMA Commercialisation and IP Practitioner Internship Training – MSc ( special selection criteria)
SA Citizenship with qualification:
National Diploma (Matric + 1-2 year Certificate)
Degree (Matric + 3 or 4 years Undergraduate)
Post Graduate Degree
*Applicants who are interested in participating in TIA’s FUTURE 500 Internship Programmes in innovation projects are invited to register and apply on the TIA online system
CLICK HERE TO APPLY ONLINE