HSEQ Officer (Cape Town)
Experience level required
3 – 6 years
Affiliate (if known)
TOTALGAZ SOUTHERN AFRICA
About us / company profile
Give your best to better energy and make the commitment with Total. With over 500-plus professions in 130 countries, we offer high safety and environmental
standards, strong ethical values, an innovation culture and wide-ranging career development. Be part of the global team whose mission is already shared by
100,000 employees: to make energy better each and every day.
KEY PEFORMANCE AREAS
- HSEQ (Health & Safety environmental and quality) improvement of all depots and operations.
- Develop, maintain and continuously improve the Company’s HSEQ management systems and contribute to the setting up and maintenance of a strong HSEQ culture within the company.
- Assist with the implementation and sustainability of systems such as IMS, PATROM, ISO 4706, ISO 9001:2000; ISO 14001; SRM+etc.
- Ensure that the company’s staff fully understands their responsibilities for HSEQ matters have identified their training needs and have obtained the appropriate level of competency.
- Audit all Company facilities to ensure compliance on HSEQ and to make recommendations to assist management in taking the necessary actions by follow up.
- Ensure that HSE incidents and accidents are reports as required under legislation and liaise with regulatory bodies, i.e. Dept of Labour, LPGASA, and on a regular basis to General and line management (registering accident / incidents on RAMSES)
- Ensure that effective systems are developed to manage all Quality non- conformances and customer’s complaints and report such on a regular basis to General and Line Management.
- Manage the evaluation of environment liabilities on land owned or operated by the company
- Ensure environmental assessments are conducted on all land transition
- Act as an industry specialist on HSE matters and represent the company on LPG Industry working groups
- Ensure that appropriate performance indicators (KPI’s) are in place throughout the company to provide a balanced measure of the HSEQ performance of the company.
- Monthly safety reporting statistics are to be reported on RAMSES and timeously submitted to AMO HSEQ.
- Develop health control and staff medical assessment programs along with hr Department
- Review training matrices with line managers with respect to IMS requirements
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- A professional 3 year qualification / certificate in HSEQ or Engineering with a strong back ground in Health, Safety and Environment.
- A minimum of 5 years working experience on the operations side, in the downstream oil or LPG industry.
- A strong knowledge of the LPG equipment manufacturing industry, e.g. cylinders, valves, tanks, pumps etc.
- A specific understanding of the risk profiles related to the LPG industry.
- Good knowledge of all relevant legislation that impacts on the operations and HSEQ functions, e.g. OHS-ACT; HAZCHEM Regulations; Road Transportation Act and all SABS Regulations impacting on the LPG industry.
- Knowledge of ISO certification and Quality Assurance.
- Ability to create an environment for the company to excel in the areas of HSE and TQM.
- A good knowledge of industrial relations.
- Driver’s license Code 8 is essential
- Expertise and proficiency with basic MS Office software programs and the ability to learn how to effectively use monthly safety reporting software program ( RAMSES) to data and research accidents and incidents.
H3SEQ General Responsibilities/Polyvalent