POSITION TITLE : PLANT ENGINEER
REPORTING TO : PLANT MANAGER
DIRECT REPORTS : THE INCUMBENT WILL WORK WITH TEAM OF ARTISANS AND TECHNICIANS, 4 DIRECT REPORTS.
REQUIREMENTS: QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Degree/Diploma in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering.
- Government Certificate of Competency (GCC) is required due to the installed power of the plant.
- The incumbent’s qualifications and experience must be acceptable to the Chief Inspector (Department of Labour) as a competent person for the supervision of machinery as required by the OHS Act.
- Minimum 5 years operational experience, which must include a year experience in the maintenance of pressure equipment.
- Knowledge of preventative maintenance and asset care.
- Working knowledge of machinery and equipment used in blending, processing and filling operations.
- Project management in a production environment is essential.
- Working knowledge of planning and managing budgets.
- Strong analytical and interpretation skills.
- Good presentation skills.
- Working knowledge of technical procurement.
- Must be fully computer literate with knowledge of SAP & MS Office.
- Must have a valid Code 08 driver’s licence.
- Responsible to ensure smooth and safe operation of production plants through effective management/care of physical assets.
- Responsible for planning and implementation of annual shutdown
- Support the implementation of continuous improvement plans
- Appointment as Supervisor of Machinery under OHSAct GMR (2) – represents the plant and maintain a healthy relationship with the Department of Labour.
- Supervise and lead the Maintenance team.
- Supervision of plant and equipment (machinery) in accordance with the OHSAct General Machinery Regulations.
- Ensure strict adherence to applicable regulatory requirements as well as engineering standards and specifications.
- Ensure effective engineering change management during any alterations/modifications in the plant.
- Setting up and maintaining relevant KPI to ensure optimum utilization of equipment and personnel
- Contractor management in line with relevant legislation and standards (Construction Regulations, TSA standards etc)
- OPEX budget planning and control
- Optimal management of engineering assets to ensure that they operate at their design capacity and ensure regular refurbishment to achieve their optimal life span.
- Periodically audit assets and documentation to attain maximum standardization of spares and new equipment.
- Planning and execution of plant planned shutdowns
- Ensure strict adherence to maintenance work management principles (percent planned work, adherence to schedule, number of breakdowns, number of proactive requests etc) in order to achieve maximum plant availability at minimum cost.
- Assist in developing PM inspections for all equipment in the plant and ensure adherence to set schedule.
- Provide technical expertise and support for engineering, production, planning and product technical departments.
- To provide effective maintenance planning and maintenance information support activities.
- To support the LMP Manager in all relevant aspects
- Planning, organizing and coordinating of all activities regarding compliance to the laws of the Republic of South Africa with particular emphasis on the OHS Act and the New Environmental Management Act.
- Ensuring plant and machinery compliance to applicable standards as well as any applicable by-laws.
Act as Element Champion for Element 3 & 9 of the ISSSR system.
- In line with our Employment Equity targets, preferance will be given to suitably qualified African Female or Male. All applications that meet the requirements will be given due consideration
How to Apply
Click here to apply online
Apply online before 01/12/2014.
Please note that Recruiters may delete or expire jobs at any time.