The City of Johannesburg has a Trainee Librarian position available within the Library & Information Services department.
This is a fixed term contract opportunity for a period NOT exceeding twelve (12) months.
To be trained to assist in rendering public library services focusing on providing people oriented service to the community assisting with routine library operations, programmes and the central marketing and development services.
Training will include:
- Book stock knowledge, collection management and library house-keeping routines.
- Reference and information retrieval skills (print and electronic resources).
- Special collections in the Johannesburg City Library (e.g. Africana, Performing Arts).
- Library extension services and reading development programmes.
- Use of the automated library system.
- Basic computer skills.
- Four (4) year tertiary library qualification: B. Bibl / B. Inf. or PGDLIS or B. Tech (NQF level 7)
- Candidates with a three (3) year University of Technology Diploma in Librarianship / NQF level 6 will also be considered.
- Qualified candidates with little or no library experience will be given preference.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills (verbal and written).
Closing date is on 12 August 2016.
HOW TO APPLY
An application letter and comprehensive CV must be hand deliverd to 14th floor, A-Block, Metropolitan Centre, 158 Civic Boulevard, Braamfontein, for attention of Lizelle Cooke
Click Here to FULL JOB ADVERT