Posted on :
30 May, 2014
30 May, 2014
Transnet is offering comprehensive bursaries to students to be trained as Artisans and Skilled Workers. TRADES IN:• Electrical Fitter• Turner Machinist• Millwright (electro-mechanician)• Welder• Sheet metal Worker/Plater • Boilermaker• Wagon Fitter• Diesel Electrical Fitter• Diesel Mechanic• Fitters
APPLY FOR A TRANSNET BURSARY (APPRENTICESHIP)
Transnet SOC Limited is a focused freight transport company delivering integrated, efficient, safe, reliable and cost-effective services to promote economic growth in South Africa. Transnet’s core businesses are: Transnet Freight Rail, Transnet Engineering, Transnet Pipelines, Transnet Port Terminals and Transnet National Ports Authority.
As part of our human capital development strategy, we are offering comprehensive bursaries to students to be trained as Artisans and Skilled Workers in the following trades and field:
• Electrical Fitter
• Turner Machinist
• Millwright (electro-mechanician)
• Sheet metal Worker/Plater
• Wagon Fitter
• Diesel Electrical Fitter
• Diesel Mechanic
• Grade 12 with a pass in Maths and Physical Science or
• Grade 12 Technical Matric with a pass in Maths and relevant trade subject or
• N3 with relevant trade subjects.
Please take note of the following:
• SA citizens studying towards these trades or fields without any other bursary obligation and with outstanding achievements are encouraged to apply.
• Appointments will be made in terms of the Company’s Employment equity policy and Recruitment and Selection policy.
• All training will be done in Durban. Please note that NO accommodation/transport assistance will be provided.
• Only Posted Applications Would Be Accepted.
• If you have not been contacted within one month of the closing date, please accept that your application was unsuccessful.
Please send a cover letter indicating your choice of trade, your CV, certified copy of relevant qualification’s and certified copy of ID document to Transnet Engineering via the following postal address:
RECRUITMENT MANAGER, TRANSNET ENGINEERING, PO BOX 951, DURBAN, 4000
Reference No: HR/KZN/Apprenticeship/2014/06/01
(To be written on the outside of the envelope as well)
CLOSING DATE: 13 JUNE 2014