To gain practical on–the–job training and theoretical experience in the Marine Services Pilotage environment of TNPA
Qualifications & Experience
- Grade 12/Matric certificate holders with symbol C and above passes in Mathematics, Physical Science, Geography &
- English language;
- Private Pilot License (PPL) will be advantageous;
- Applicants should not be older than the age of 30 years; Be at least 1.60 Metres tall;
- Be prepared to undergo full-time institutional training over a period of 14 months, followed by experiential training;
- Self-motivated and passionate about aviation;
- Medically and physically fit;
- Will be required to comply with South African Civil Aviation legislation and meet SAMSA safety requirements.
- Air Law;
- Principles of navigation & meteorology;
- Aviation instrumentation;
- Radio-telephony communication;
- Ergonomics & human performance;
- Principles of flight planning;
- Aviation safety management systems;
- Aircraft operating publications & certification documentation;
- Helicopter general structure, major components & flight control systems;
- Weather phenomena;
- Flight crew responsibilities.
- Analytical & interpretive skills;
- Good hand-eye coordination;
- Judgement & logical decision making;
- Good spatial orientation;
- Problem diagnosis & solving;
- Cognitive capacity;
- Good communication – written and verbal;
- Computer literate.
- Quality Driven;
- Responsible and accountable;
- Ethical and professional;
- Sense of urgency;
- Attention to detail;
- Service orientated;
- Maintain confidentiality;
- People orientated;
- Able to meet deadlines and work under pressure;
- Results driven.
How To Apply
Send email to: [email protected]
It is the responsibility of the applicant to ensure that HR has received the application before the closing date of the advertisement.
Note: if you have not been contacted within 30 days of the closing date of this advertisement please consider your application as unsuccessful.
Equity Statement: Preference will be given to suitably qualified applicants who are members of the designated groups in line with the employment equity plan and targets of the Organisation/Operating Division.
Closing Date: 06 September 2013 (time 12H00)