Grade 12 with Maths
At least 1,6 meters tall
- Obtain and place equipment on train (plus minus 15 kg)
- Check and supplement prescribed equipment i.e. pantograph hook stick (plus minus 5 kg), jumper cables (plus minus 10kg) etc.
- Coupled locomotives (multiple set) through air and vacuum hoses, jumper cable and ensure correct functioning of automatic coupler between locomotives
- Despatch locomotives, operating hand operated points
- Attach and /or detach vehicles according to works order in absence of yard personnel (Equivalent of 45 kg)
Physically able to lift and carry heavy objects (be prepared to be subjected to assessment of physical abilities)
How To Apply
Apply for the Transnet Train Assistant Traineeship Opportunity
NB: If you have not been contacted within 30 days of the closing date of this advertisement please consider your
application as unsuccessful.