Tshikululu Social Investments is South Africa’s leading corporate social investment manager. Led by a team of thought leaders, Tshikululu provides private sector entities with a one-stop service to undertake comprehensive social investment and community grant making in line with national and international development trends.
Job Title: Monitoring and Evaluation Specialist
Job Location: Johannesburg
The purpose of the position is to provide monitoring and evaluation leadership, expertise and guidance across Tshikululu in order to continuously strengthen our ability to measure and report on social impact. To help ensure Tshikululu maintains its position at the forefront of Monitoring and Evaluation and social investment.
Monitoring and Evaluation Strategy and System
- Design and refine a Tshikululu-wide Monitoring and Evaluation framework to effectively measure and report on aggregated social impact across clients
- Build and refine high-quality Monitoring and Evaluation database to allow for real-time, accurate tracking of social investment activities that reflects overall findings and impact
- Identify and provide Monitoring and Evaluation insights and recommendations based on data received and tracked
- Participate in new Monitoring and Evaluation product development, as well as new business proposal development
- Assist in updating Monitoring and Evaluation policy and procedure documents, as well as streamlining processes to increase efficiency and effectiveness across team
Monitoring and Evaluation Planning
- Develop and refine Monitoring and Evaluation plans for all client social investment activities, ensuring we have the most appropriate strategy and methods in place to measure outputs, outcomes and social impact
- Support Social Investment team to implement Monitoring and Evaluation plans effectively through on-going engagement, knowledge sharing, developing customised tools and providing ad-hoc assistance as necessary
- Support the collection and analysis of quantitative and qualitative data by Social Investment team to ensure completeness and accuracy
- Analyse and evaluate Monitoring and Evaluation findings and data to develop insights and recommendations for client social investments
- Initiate and lead regular review of progress against objectives for client social investments.
- Carry out site visits with Social Investment team as necessary
- Lead all evaluation and community assessment activities at Tshikululu, including internal and outsourced activities
Monitoring and Evaluation Capacity Building
- Identify relevant, appropriate Monitoring and Evaluation training across the Fund Management team to ensure team members have requisite skills to deliver
- Maintain and build Monitoring and Evaluation expertise by attending relevant training, on-going research and participating in discussions/debate.
- Assist in building grantee Monitoring and Evaluation capacity, when required, through workshops and other engagements
- Identify and develop tools and systems that support Monitoring and Evaluation capacity building and implementation across all departments in Tshikululu
Service Provider Contract Management
- Develop terms of reference and coordinate service provider selection process for Monitoring and Evaluation related activities, as necessary
- Manage any appointed service providers for Monitoring and Evaluation related activities, ensuring delivery according to SLA
- Develop Monitoring and Evaluation reporting templates and reports to effectively communicate findings and insights
- Develop organisational Monitoring and Evaluation trend reports to guide future and current investment strategies
- Relevant Honours degree in statistics, social sciences or similar is required
- Minimum of five years Monitoring and Evaluation experience is required
- A supporting qualification in Monitoring and Evaluation is preferred
- Experience in designing and building a Monitoring and Evaluation database is preferred
- Experience with social investment-specific Monitoring and Evaluation requirements and activities is preferred
Key Interactions and Relationships
- Monitoring and Evaluation Specialists
- Social Investment Analysts and Specialists
- Client Relationship Managers
- Service Providers
- Beneficiary Organisations
To apply, submit your applications to [email protected]
Preference will be given to South African citizens.
Appointments will be made in line with Tshikululu’s Employment Equity plan and other required legislation.
Persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Tshikululu Social Investments will not be liable for interview travel cost or relocation cost.
We reserve the right not to proceed with the filling of the advertised post.
An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.
Please ensure that you meet the above requirements before you apply.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
If you have not been contacted within two weeks of the closing date, please accept that your application was unsuccessful.
Application Deadline: 10th August, 2018