Tshikululu Social Investments is South Africa’s leading corporate social investment manager. Led by a team of thought leaders, Tshikululu provides private sector entities with a one-stop service to undertake comprehensive social investment and community grant making in line with national and international development trends.
Job Title: Social Investment Analyst
Job Location: Johannesburg
The purpose of the position is to implement client social investment strategies and programmes through grant making and programme management, with a primary focus on the education continuum.
Social investment, grant making and programme management
- Evaluate all grant applications that align to strategic priorities
- by assessing funding proposals, analysing data, submitting recommendations, highlighting risks (e.g. programmatic, financial, compliance, reputational) and opportunities for investment and submitting for review
- Participate in programme-specific social investment processes by engaging with potential partners, participating in shortlisting of applicants, conducting thorough due diligence and presenting grant recommendations to clients
- Present social investment recommendation (based on due diligence, research and stakeholder engagement) to clients for approval to facilitate decision-making
- Ensure accurate contracting with programme partners for all approved social investments
- Manage active social investments/grants/programmes by maintaining professional and productive relationships with partners, ensuring strong monitoring and evaluation of all activities, receiving and reviewing reports from partners and producing impact reports for clients
- Support SI specialists and team in the development of high-quality social investment strategies for clients, including both new clients and revision of current strategies for existing clients
Monitoring and Evaluation
- Implement Monitoring and Evaluation plans for allocated social investments/grants/programmes by implementing tools, accurately capturing data and analysing information to drive data-driven decision-making
- Conduct and report on site visits as and when required utilising approved Monitoring and Evaluation protocols and in line with the Monitoring and Evaluation plan
- Produce high-quality reports clearly communicating the impact achieved through social investments
- Participate in new business development processes, including assistance with proposals and delivery to clients
- Actively participate in internal and external forums to drive Tshikululu’s positioning and relevance in the social investment space
- Engage with various stakeholders to ensure strong networks and understanding of the social investment space
- Produce high-quality thought pieces on various social investment topics for website and other platforms as a contribution to Tshikululu’s thought leadership
- Provide additional support to ensure effective implementation of social investment team activities, as and when required
- Degree in Development, Economics, Business Science, Social Science or similar required
- Minimum of two to three years’ experience working in the education sector (early childhood development, basic education and/or tertiary education) is essential
- Minimum of two to three years’ experience in social investment, project management, consulting preferred
Key Interactions and Relationships
- Internal stakeholders
- Programme partners
To apply, submit your applications to [email protected]
Preference will be given to South African citizens.
Appointments will be made in line with Tshikululu’s Employment Equity plan and other required legislation.
Persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Tshikululu Social Investments will not be liable for interview travel cost or relocation cost.
We reserve the right not to proceed with the filling of the advertised post.
An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.
Please ensure that you meet the above requirements before you apply.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
If you have not been contacted within two weeks of the closing date, please accept that your application was unsuccessful.
Application Deadline: 10th August, 2018