Do you want to help drive high-quality social investment and grantmaking for some of South Africa’s most forward-thinking companies? Tshikululu is looking for a social investment analyst to help us do just that.
At Tshikululu, we need original, energetic thinkers and problem-solvers in order to achieve our ambitious goals and make deep and sustainable social impact. We need people of diverse backgrounds who thrive on complexity and are able to ‘connect the dots’ between seemingly disparate issues and initiatives. We are not interested in ‘tick-box’ philanthropy. We are dedicated to ensuring that every social investment we make is meaningful. We aim, very simply, to be the best social investors in the world.
Job Title: Social Investment Analyst
Location: South Africa
The purpose of the position is to implement client social investment strategies and programmes through grantmaking and programme management.
- Social investment, grantmaking and programme management
- Evaluate all funding proposals that align to strategic priorities by assessing the social investment case for each, analysing data and crafting recommendations that highlight risks (e.g. programmatic, financial, compliance, reputational) and opportunities, and submit these for review.
- Participate in programme-specific social investment processes by engaging with potential partners, participating in shortlisting of applicants, conducting thorough due diligence.
- Present social investment recommendations (based on due diligence, research and stakeholder engagement) to clients for consideration to facilitate decision-making.
- Ensure accurate contracting with programme partners for all approved social investments.
- Manage active social investments by maintaining professional and productive relationships with partners, ensuring strong monitoring and evaluation (M&E) of all activities, receiving and reviewing reports from partners and producing impact reports for clients.
- Support Social Impact Specialists in the development of high-quality social investment strategies for clients, including both new clients and revision of current strategies for existing clients.
- Participate in new business development processes, including assistance with proposals and delivery to clients.
- Monitoring and Evaluation
- Implement M&E plans for allocated social investments by implementing tools, accurately capturing data and analysing information to drive data-driven decision-making.
- Conduct and report on site visits as and when required, utilising approved M&E protocols and in line with the approved M&E plan.
- Produce high-quality reports clearly communicating the impact achieved through each social investment made.
- General activities
- Engage with various stakeholders to ensure strong networks and understanding of the social investment space.
- Produce high-quality insight pieces on various social investment topics for our website and other platforms as a contribution to Tshikululu’s thought leadership.
- Provide additional support to ensure effective implementation of social investment team activities, as and when required
- Qualifications and Experience
- Degree in Development, Economics, Business Science, Social Science or similar required
- 2-3 years’ experience in social investment, project management, consulting preferred
KEY INTERACTIONS / RELATIONSHIPS
- Internal stakeholders
- Programme partners
Preference will be given to South African citizens. Candidates with a disability are encouraged to apply. Appointments will be made in line with Tshikululu’s Employment Equity plan and other required legislation.
Tshikululu Social Investments will not be liable for interview travel cost or relocation cost.
We reserve the right not to proceed with the filling of the advertised post.
An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.
Please ensure that you meet the above requirements before you apply.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted.
Please email your applications to: [email protected]
Application Deadline: Sunday, 22 September, 2019