Posted on :
20 May, 2021
20 May, 2021
To provide an effective and responsive maintenance service to production and other sections of the Company.
To safely and effectively execute all the scheduled and un-scheduled Mechanical work required to maintain all plant and Equipment at the levels of availability, reliability and capacity necessary to achieve production goals.
To provide emergency response to maintenance requirements as part of rostered callout arrangements.
Job Title: Maintenance Engineer
Location: Kampala, Central, Uganda
Reference #: UBL050521
Contract Type: Permanent
Salary: Market Related
1. Contribute to the achievement of production targets by ensuring that all maintenance work necessary to maintain all plant and equipment at the levels of availability, reliability and capacity required is promptly actioned and fully completed within the time frames required, to the best industry practice.
2. Carry out mechanical inspections, check, tests and procedures as specified in preventive maintenance routines.
3. Contribute to the reduction of maintenance costs by ensuring all routine and preventative maintenance tasks are fully completed as scheduled, all maintenance tasks are correctly actioned the first time to eliminate re-work and by identifying and highlighting to supervisors high cost maintenance activities
4. Ensure all plant and equipment is maintained to the standards required for specific equipment in accordance with manufacturers’ instructions and recommendations as well as documented repair and maintenance procedures.
5. Contribute to the continuous improvement process by participating in reviews, identifying recurring problems and suggesting improvements.
6. Responsible for reporting all spillages or potential or actual identified contaminated sites to the environmental department.
7. Inspect the quality of parts and materials issued from the Stores and ensure they meet the required standard(s) and are suitable and appropriate prior to installation.
8. Ensure the removal of all un-used materials, generated debris, off cuts; removed, used up or damaged parts; used cleaning rags and all rubbish, from all working areas during and after Mechanical work to ensure the job site is clean.
9. Ensure all tools, equipment and plant used in any Mechanical operation are audited, cleaned and returned to the areas designated for their storage or stowage, as soon as they have been used and are not required on the job site any more.
10. Manage performance for staff under your supervision.
a. Qualification: Bachelor of Science, High Diploma in Engineering, or any related field will be an added advantage.
b. Industry: Manufacturing preferably roll forming
c. Experience: 5 – 10years
Application Deadline: 24/05/2021