Posted on :
11 May, 2012
11 May, 2012
Umthathi Training Project Trust – Director
Umthathi Training Project Trust an NGO founded in 1993 and based in Grahamstown invites applications from suitably qualified individuals for the position of a Director. This is a full time, 12-month contract position. The contract renewal is dependent on performance and deliverables and at the Board’s discretion. The successful candidate will be based at Umthathi House, Ext 7 with some time being spent in the field, and occasional national and international travel.
The core function of this position is to ensure accountable, strategic leadership and management in terms of its vision and mission. The Director is the key liaison person between governance structures and other role-players in the organisation. S/he will also be responsible for overseeing all financial, staff, programme and operational aspects of Umthathi Training Project and ensuring their smooth functioning.
Umthathi conducts “Healthy Living” developmental education and training programmes that aims to improve the quality of life and enable sustainable health for poor and vulnerable community members and school learners within a 200km radius of Grahamstown.
The salary is commensurate with qualification and experience.
• A Post-graduate Degree or equivalent in the fields of Community Development, Education and Training, Development Economics, Management or Human Resources is required.
• Sound business acumen and a minimum of 8 years management experience at least five of which should have been in a position of senior management and extensive project leadership with in-depth knowledge of community development projects.
• Fundraising experience relating to the NGO sector or related sectors.
• Crucial components of this position are the ability to communicate strategy, purpose and direction of the organisation and effectively plan, coordinate and manage the staff, activities and development of the organisation
• Fluency in Written and Spoken English is essential, and knowledge of isiXhosa is highly recommended.
• A Code EB Drivers Licence is a requirement of this position
A detailed job description is available from [email protected]
Curriculum vitae with a detailed description of duties and the names of two referees may be emailed to [email protected] or mailed to PO Box 6075, Market Square, 6141.
The closing date for applications is Thursday 31st May at 9am.
Interviews will be held between 18th and 22nd June at Umthathi House, 4122 Xhora Street, Ext. 7, Grahamstown.
Umthathi reserves the right not to make any appointment.
If you do not hear from Umthathi within a week from the closing date, please consider your application unsuccessful.