The purpose of the position is to
- Provide leadership in Open and Distance Learning (ODL) research and advance the field nationally and internationally
- Lead and advance ODL research projects across the university.
- Provide support and contribute to ODL capacity development.
- Conduct ODL research in order to produce at least five accredited research outputs in a period of three years, thereby enhancing the University’s standing as a research institute of international repute.
- Supervise/promote Master’s and Doctoral students.
- Organise ODL conferences, seminars and research colloquia in ODL.
- Be involved in community engagement and academic citizenship.
- Contribute to achieving the department’s strategic and operational objectives through the above-mentioned endeavours
- A Doctoral degree in Open Distance Learning (ODL), Education, E-learning or Higher Education or any other related field.
- Must have at least six (6) years’ teaching or research experience in a higher education institution.
- A credible research record.
- At least three (3) national or international conference presentations in the last five (5) years
- Experience in supervising postgraduate students.
- Computer literacy and proven ability to train researchers using Atlas.ti or SPSS software.
- Skills needed: presentation, lead and manage collaborative research activities, conduct data analysis and use data analysis software.
NB: Shortlisted candidates must be able to make a 10 minutes presentation on ODL research.
- Willingness to geographically relocate for short-term periods as a visiting scholar.
- Experience in the organizing of conferences/seminars/colloquia
- Proven track record to attract research funding
- NRF Rating
- Conduct and publish research.
- Develop ODL research capacity through projects.
- Engage in community activities and outreach projects that are relevant to ODL
- Participate in Academic Citizenship
- Liaise with internal and external stakeholders
- Participate actively in the programmes of IODL
- Mentor junior staff members
- Supervise / co-supervise postgraduate students
- Serve as ODL research leader in collaborative research projects
- Develop successful proposals for research grants
- Develop collaborative ODL research projects with national and international institutions
Assumption of duty: As soon as possible
Salary: Remuneration is commensurate with the seniority of the position
Closing date: 16 November 2012
Enquiries: (012) 429 2684 Ms Thuli Ndou
Read More and apply online