- Should be a final year student (Degree or National Diploma)
- Excellent administrative skills (especially workshop preparation)
- Computer literate
- An eye for detail and meticulous attention to detail
- The ability to take the initiative in matters, work accurately, independently and in a team
- The ability to work under pressure and solve problems
- A basic understanding of Unisa’s structures and procedures
- Previous experience in academic departments and liaison with students
- Prepare workshop materials for Reading and Writing, Quantitative Literacy and Information Literacy workshops
- Administer independent learning materials
- Manage the collection of print and electronic resources
- Record student visits, workshop attendance, lecturer referrals, feedback to lecturers, and evaluations on the database
- Deal with personal and telephonic enquiries when requested by facilitators
- Assist with the compilation and administration of research data and questionnaires from consultation and workshop sessions
- Assist with the preparation and processing of student information on databases
- Assist with the administration of the PCL Programme
Assumption of duty : As soon as possible.
Salary : R275 per day
Closing date : 26 April 2012
Enquiries: (021) 936 4163 Mrs KE Sauls
The completed prescribed application form must be accompanied BY COMPREHENSIVE CURRICULUM VITAE andORIGINAL certified copies (within the previous six months) of;
- all educational qualifications,
- academic transcripts/records;
- identity document; and
- proof of SAQA verification of foreign qualifications (if applicable)
- UNISA reserves the right to authenticate all qualifications without any further consent from the applicant.
- The contact details of three contactable references must be provided, one of which must be from your present line manager.
- The prescribed application form is obtainable from http://www.unisa.ac.za/vacancies-new/
- UNISA is not obliged to fill an advertised position.
- Late, incomplete and incorrect applications will not be considered.
- Appointments will be made in accordance with Unisa’s Employment Equity Plan.
Applications must be submitted in an envelope clearly marked with the name of the relevant College and/or Department, the position applied for and the reference number of the position. If you apply for more than one position, each application must be in a separate envelope.
Applications must be posted to Unisa, Attention Mrs. Sauls, Private Bag X16, Parow, 7499
Hand delivered applications can be submitted to 1st floor, Building A, 15 Jean Simonis Street, Parow. The prescribed application form is obtainable at the Parow Regional Office, 15 Jean Simonis Street, or can be downloaded from www.unisa.ac.za. on the Internet.
All applications should reach UNISA before 16h00 on the closing date.
Correspondence will be limited to short-listed candidates only. If you have not been contacted within two months after closing date of this advertisement, please accept that your application was not successful.