Suitably qualified candidates are invited to apply for this 12-month, 40 hours / week post to be filled as soon as possible. We have exciting job opportunities for talented people wanting to realize their full potential. Could that be you? We invite applicants to apply for this post in Philippi Village and Emavundleni, Cape Town.
The Mucosal Injury from Sexual Contact (MISC) research study is an adolescent research project based in the Desmond Tutu Youth Clinic in Philippi Village that aims to evaluate the female reproductive tract anatomical and biological characteristics following both consensual vaginal sex, sexual violence and intravaginal product use in female adolescents compared to older women at three different time points. The selected research nurse will be collecting various samples as well as behavioral.
Job Title: Professional Research Nurse (Contract)
Location: South Africa
- Nursing Diploma or Degree and current registration with the South African Nursing Council (SANC) as a Registered Nurse
- Minimum one year nursing experience within a research environment
- Experience working with survivors of sexual assault/rape
- Gynaecology experience
- Experience working with adolescents
- Due to the sensitive nature of the study protocol only female applicants will be considered
- Fluent in English and isiXhosa
- Excellent computer literacy with sound knowledge of email, word processing and internet
- Strong verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to work well under pressure and to maintain effectiveness during changing conditions
- Ability to work harmoniously with youth of diverse backgrounds
- Ability to work in a team and to foster a collaborative relationship with local clinics and hospitals
- Must be detail-orientated
- Decision making and problem solving skills
- Flexible hours including Saturdays as required
- Preference will be given to applicants living locally
- Valid Driver’s license and own car
- Some experience in study coordination
- Dispensing certificate
- Good Clinical Practice (GCP) and Human Subjects Protection (HSP) certificates
- Performing all study activities according to Good Clinical Practice standards.
- Assisting Study Coordinator’s in day to day clinic functions
- Providing a client-focused, youth-friendly sexual and reproductive health service, including but not limited to HIV testing, pregnancy testing and contraception
- Performing rigorous collection and labeling of all study related samples including, but not limited to various swabs, gynecological examinations and colposcopy
- Performing all medical observations for physical examinations
- Maintaining strict client confidentiality
- Referring participants for treatment and/or counselling
- Identifying and reporting abuse/rape in underage women
- Performing other client care procedures as required
- Capturing data on case report forms and processing
- Performing Quality Control (QC) checks on CRFs and source documents
- Keeping accurate statistics of client visits
- Maintaining and ordering stock
- Managing on-site petty cash
- Attending all necessary trainings, meetings and calls.
The annual remuneration package is negotiable between R214 478 and R339 870
To apply, please e-mail the below documents in a single pdf file to [email protected]
Please ensure the title and reference number are indicated in the subject line. An application which does not comply with the above requirements will be regarded as incomplete.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and may be required to undergo an assessment.
Reference number: E20912
Application Deadline: 06 November 2020
UCT is committed to the pursuit of excellence, diversity and redress in achieving its equity targets. Our Employment Equity Policy is available at http://www.uct.ac.za/downloads/uct.ac.za/about/policies/eepolicy.pdf For this post we seek particularly to attract African female candidates.
UCT reserves the right not to appoint.