In pursuit of the ideals of excellence and diversity, the University of Pretoria wishes to invite applications for the following vacancy. Trainee Internal Auditor (THREE-YEAR TRAINING CONTRACT)
Post Level 12 (2 positions available)
The University of Pretoria’s commitment to quality makes us one of the top research Universities in the country and gives us a competitive advantage in international science and technology development.
The incumbent will be responsible for:
- Assisting in the executing of internal audits within the University in terms of the annual Internal Audit Plan as approved by the Audit, IT and Risk Management Committee of Council and reporting thereon;
- Assisting in the executing of ad hoc reviews and special investigations requested by Senior Management, Executive Management and the Audit, IT and Risk Management Committee and reporting thereon;
- Other related duties as may arise.
- B Com in Internal Auditing OR B Com in Accounting Sciences;
- B Com (Hons) in Internal Auditing currently in progress during 2016 (and to be completed by 1 January 2017);Knowledge of the theory of:
- Audit processes and methodologies; and
- Standards of the Institute of Internal Auditors.
- Skills in MS Excel and MS Word;
- Ability and sophistication to liaise with various levels of management and members of staff, where applicable;
- Ability to meet demanding targets within tight deadlines;
- Writing and analytical skills;
- Ability to work in a team;
- Appropriate language and communication skills; and
- Interpersonal and negotiation skills.
- Working towards obtaining a professional internal audit qualification, i.e. the Certified Internal Auditor (CIA) qualification;
- Exposure to internal/external audit on internship level;
- Relevant experience at a higher education Institution.
Closing Date: 15 April 2016
Click Here to UP VACANCY PAGE AND SELECT TRAINEE POST TO APPLY