Permanent skilled level position at UTi South Africa in the Distribution, Warehousing & Freight(Warehousing) industry.
Benefits: 13th Cheque, Retirement Fund.
- MUST have a completed Matric / Grade 12 (non-negotiable).
- Degree / Diploma in Credit Management, Financial Management or Accounting.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience within a credit control environment with 2 years supervisory or management experience.
- Working knowledge of and understanding of distribution to major retailers – Pick ‘n Pay, Clicks, Shoprite, Spar, Massmart etc.
- Knowledge of open accounts.
Supervise all credit control activities in the FMCG
credit control department.
- Management of staff through ensuring that appropriate job descriptions are in place, identify training needs, motivate, coach, check and monitor, conduct performance reviews, leave planning, interviews and career / succession planning.
- Ensure that new accounts are opened in terms of standard operating procedures.
- Ensure that all FMCG Credit Controllers have a working knowledge of the retail business in general and an understanding of distribution to major retailers – Pick ‘n Pay, Clicks, Shoprite, Spar, Massmart etc.
- Determine performance indicators and monthly collection targets / debtors days and manage, direct and guide staff to ensure that those indicators / targets are met.
- Follow-up and resolve all queries and short payments with the relevant Credit Controller and retailer.
- Manage the relevant portion of the book within the pre-determined targeted debtors’ days.
- Ensure that queries on accounts and / or reconciliations on accounts are attended to in an efficient, effective and professional manner.
- Ensure that allocation of payments is done accurately and timeously.
- Ensure that unallocated cash on debtors is cleared regularly and in terms of departmental objectives to minimise / alleviate cash on both debtors and in the bank.
- Ensure that “client cash” are followed-up and processed timeously.
- Build feasible and appropriate professional relationships with the customers and principals.
- Provide the Credit Manager with regular feedback (weekly) on the performance of the debtor’s book / staff.
- Assist with ensuring that the department contains costs and minimise expenses where possible.
- Assist with the budgeting and forecasting processes if called upon to do so.
- Ensure all rebates are verified and processed in line with the relevant rebate grid.
Should you not receive any feedback within 7 days, kindly find your application unsuccessful
The ideal candidate will have the following competencies:
- prepare daily cash deposits and fill out cash control sheet daily
- ensure that accounts receivable and accounting functions are performed according to established procedures
- manage the preparation of reports and summaries of accounting activities
- prepare financial statements and debtor listings
- prepare reconciliation of accounts
- prepare collection file for outside collection agencies
- Solid exposure / knowledge of distribution to major retailers
- 4 Years credit control experience within an FMCG environment
- Working exposure on open accounts
- accounting, bookkeeping and office procedures
- distribution and warehouse management
- the distribution of fast moving consumer goods
UTi Worldwide Inc. is an international, non-asset-based supply chain services and solutions company providing air and ocean freight forwarding, contract logistics, customs brokerage, distribution, inbound logistics, truckload brokerage and other supply chain management services. The company serves a large and diverse base of global and local companies, including clients operating in industries with unique supply chain requirements such as the pharmaceutical, retail, apparel, chemical, automotive and technology industries. UTi, together with its exclusive partners, operates a global network of freight forwarding offices and contract logistics and distribution centres in a total of 144 countries.
UTi Africa aims to be the company that everybody wants to work for and with, where people are our competitive advantage. As a result, we are always looking for qualified people to join our teams.
We offer you the opportunity to be part of a rapidly expanding, world-class supply chain services and integrated solutions organisation. Join a team that cherishes long-term relationships with clients and encourages innovation to optimize each of our clients’ supply chains. As an employee you will have the opportunity to develop yourself personally and professionally through our existing development programmes. As an industry leader, we offer competitive compensation and benefits packages, and a dynamic, fast-paced, team-oriented work environment.
Click here to apply online
Apply online before 01/11/2013.
Please note that Recruiters may delete or expire jobs at any time.