Permanent skilled level position at UTi South Africa in the Distribution, Warehousing & Freight(Freight) industry.
- Completed Degree in Supply Chain Management
- 5 years freight forwarding operational experience, in a Business Analyst / Supply Chain Analyst capacity.
- Experience dealing with the tender, SOP and internal auditing process.
- Minimum of 2 years experience in auditing, process engineering or solution selling.
- Strong administrative and financial skills
Main Purpose: This position will include business analyst functions which include but are not limited to estimates; tenders; proposals; creating and maintaining SOP’s; drafting and maintaining SLA’s; ad hoc internal audits to ensure compliance to SOP’s; client meetings; project data analysis; project profitability analysis; researching project leads and handing them over to business development managers, creating and maintaining templates for pricing, SOP’s, SLA’s etc.
- Acknowledge receipt of tender and submit intention to submit proposal by due date.
- Understand scope of work.
- Request further clarification and other technical data directly from client or executive sponsor.
- Understand proposed solution as set out by executive sponsor.
- Understand pricing model for tender (management fee, cost plus, net).
- Engage with pricing team for pricing requirements.
- Draft tender document.
- Ensure sign off by all involved parties including executive sponsor.
- If required, submit tender directly to client.
- Understand and document / process map full scope of work.
- Understand and document all invested parties.
- Understand and document all risks, procedures and other regulatory information.
- Complete SOP template with required additional information.
- Ensure draft is approved by local and or global operations and KAM.
- Ensure draft is approved by client.
- Upload SOP into shared folder.
- Maintain and update SOP as andwhen required (versions control).
- Random client SOP’s will be selected for audit purposes to ensure UTi and client are adhering to each responsibility or requirement.
- Document each process in the shipment process and compare to SOP.
- Document any deviations.
- Ensure operational and project management is made aware of deviations / compliance.
- Research global projects.
- Identify projects where UTi is currently not involved.
- Document project brief, including SWOT analysis.
- Submit project brief to Project Director for review.
Reporting / other:
- Update work flow board and complete monthly work flow reporting.
- Update and review all templates.
- Ensure all tenders / proposals / SOP’s / audit reports are uploaded into client folders.
The ideal candidate will have the following competencies:
- align internal business needs with external market resources
- estimate future logistics capacity
- identify change and reengineering strategies
- make recommendations regarding supply chain and logistics strategy
- design and conduct analysis of supplier capabilities
- establish internal/external relationships for effective supply chain and logistics management
- basic negotiation and/or contract administration
- setting logistics and supply chain budgets within the strategic plan
- operations quality control
- supply chain and logistics management consulting
- supply chain and logistics management project evaluations
UTi Worldwide Inc. is an international, non-asset-based supply chain services and solutions company providing air and ocean freight forwarding, contract logistics, customs brokerage, distribution, inbound logistics, truckload brokerage and other supply chain management services. The company serves a large and diverse base of global and local companies, including clients operating in industries with unique supply chain requirements such as the pharmaceutical, retail, apparel, chemical, automotive and technology industries. UTi, together with its exclusive partners, operates a global network of freight forwarding offices and contract logistics and distribution centres in a total of 144 countries.
UTi Africa aims to be the company that everybody wants to work for and with, where people are our competitive advantage. As a result, we are always looking for qualified people to join our teams.
We offer you the opportunity to be part of a rapidly expanding, world-class supply chain services and integrated solutions organisation. Join a team that cherishes long-term relationships with clients and encourages innovation to optimize each of our clients’ supply chains. As an employee you will have the opportunity to develop yourself personally and professionally through our existing development programmes. As an industry leader, we offer competitive compensation and benefits packages, and a dynamic, fast-paced, team-oriented work environment.
Click here to apply online
Apply online before 19/10/2013.
Please note that Recruiters may delete or expire jobs at any time.