Valcare, a NPC in Paarl has a new position for a Data and Research Officer which will provide data and information management, monitoring and evaluation, documentation and project management support to the Valcare Impact Manager within the Valcare Impact Unit.
Job Title: Data and Research Officer
Location: Western Cape
- Data and Information Management:
- Collecting data, information, evidence and existing research documentation to support needs analysis and development of social investment strategies within the Cape Winelands in a fieldwork and desktop function.
- Developing and managing data collection strategies, such as surveys and research.
- Reviewing and verification of statistics presented by Valcare Member organisations within a Monitoring and Evaluation framework.
- Maintaining data and information management system. .
- Presentation of Data and Information:
- Compilation of data into information packs to assist the development of strategies and priorities.
- Assisting in the preparation of internal and external reports and presentations for internal and external audiences.
- Provide Data Support to Valcare Network:
- Disseminating of relevant information to member organisations and stakeholders.Collecting, analyzing and managing evidence and data in support of Valcare Monitoring and Evaluation process
- Assisting Impact Manager in compiling Monitoring and Evaluation reports to member organisations and donors.
- Any other reasonable request by Valcare Impact Manager and CEO as needed
- Tertiary qualification required, including certificate, diploma or degree (as applicable).
- Employment Equity
- Preference will be given to Employment Equity candidates.
- Proven record of data and information collection, collation, review, analysis and presentation skills and experience.
- Monitoring and Evaluation of projects experience preferred, but not a pre-requisite.
- Strong computer skills, including the ability to operate research and data management software programmes, Google-suite programmes, Microsoft-suite programmes and other software as requested for completion of work tasks. Experience with Salesforce or other CRM programmes is desired but not a pre-requisite.
- Comfortable with the presentation of data and information in a visual format, including data graphs, summary graphics, data mapping and geographic mapping of information. Understanding of basic geographic information systems (GIS) is desired but not a pre-requisite.
- Working knowledge of norms and standards related to management of data and beneficiary information, including confidentiality, governance and administration of project data and information, is desired.
- Working knowledge of guidelines related to international and national research and data processes and standards, including confidentiality, governance and administration of project data and information, is desired.
- Personal Attributes
- Professional proficiency in English for both verbal and written communication.
- Proficiency in an additional official South African language is preferred.
- A person with values and beliefs aligned to those of Valcare
- Detail-orientated analytical thinker
- Self-driven individual who will strive to meet the project and team objectives
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work, collaborate and troubleshoot in a fast paced, multi-tasking environment
- Adaptability and ability to re-prioritize work flow according to a changing context
- Willingness to learn and assimilate new skills as per request
- Applicant must be a South African citizen
- Applicant must have own vehicle and a valid driver’s license without endorsements.
Applicants must please send their cv’s to [email protected]
Application Deadline: Thursday, 31 October, 2019