Valcare is a Not for Profit Company (NPC) based in Paarl, Western Cape, with a network of over 200 organisations. Valcare aims to ensure that social effort has actual impact. This is achieved by activating and enabling social change in collaboration with key stakeholders.
Job Title: Financial Human Resources Manager
Location: South Africa
The key duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Financial Management
- Manage all aspects of finance within the organization;
- conduct finance related due diligence on funding applications.
- manage and administer payroll and all aspects of Valcare tax requirements including UIF, PAYE, VAT, Workers Compensation etc;
- draft regular financial reports to CEO, board, auditors and donors;
- maintain and manage system of accounts including cash flow;
- provide financial advice to improve operational and organisational strategies;
- set and manage annual organisation and department budgets;
- Ensure Valcare’s policies and procedures are accurate, up to date and compliant with legislature and industry best practice;
- manage any internal or external standards, certifications, or quality process or audits including Quality Improvement Systems (QIS) and B-BBEE ;
- conduct regular review of all aspects of organisation to identify strategic and or operational (including HR) risks that could affect the sustainability of the organisations and make suggestions on how to mitigate risks;
- when needed, arrange independent and impartial reviews and audits as requested by the board and or CEO
- • Human Resources
- Act as organisation’s HR manager by keeping up to date with labour legislation and HR best practices and ensure HR policies compliant;
- manage entire staff recruitment process;
- manage and review staff contracts, job descriptions and salary scales and KPI appraisals process;
- design and implement staff development plan as well as staff retention strategies;
- manage staff grievance and disciplinary processes
- • Valcare Partner Support
- Provide Financial Management and HR services to Valcare strategic partners according to mutually approved service level agreements and conduct training and capacity building and financial advice where required to Valcare Member organisations Person specification:
- Self-motivated with attention to detail. Excellent English written and presentation skills.
- Proficient with cloud-based accounting systems particularly Xero. Proficient with CRM systems, particularly Salesforce. Demonstrated competence in interacting and negotiating at a senior level.
- Ability to maintain the highest level of honesty and professionalism when dealing with staff, funders, project participants, and partner organisations
- Accounting degree or equivalent professional accounting qualification.
- Financial Management experience, Experience in payroll; HR experience. Five years’ experience in the NGO sector preferred Employment conditions:
- Valcare offers a market related salary package, including expenses and travel allowances, commensurate with experience and qualifications.
- Successful applicants will be stationed at the Valcare offices in Paarl but will conduct regular site visits and must be prepared to travel nationally if necessary.
- Applicants must be a South African citizen or have a valid South African work permit.
- Applicants must have their own vehicle and a valid South African driver’s licence.
- Preference will be given to Employment Equity candidates.
- Applications, must include a letter of motivation and CV with at least three references.
- Applications should be submitted to [email protected] with the title Financial Human Resources Manager Application and your name.
- Please note that only short listed applicants will be contacted for interviews.
- If you do not hear from us within two weeks of the closing date of this advert your application has not been successful.
Application Deadline: Saturday, 31 October, 2020
For more about Valcare NPC please go to https://valcare.org.za/