Posted on :
3 Nov, 2021
3 Nov, 2021
This highly acclaimed Hotel prides itself on being a respected & progressive employer brand, celebrated for our investment in employee wellness, the broader community & the environment.
We are looking to recruit a Conferencing & Events Manager who is an inspiring, empowering, innovative and results orientated leader with a passion for service excellence whilst maintaining standards and meeting or exceeding financial goals.
Job Title: C&E Manager
Location: Cape Town, Western Cape, South Africa
Reference #: 01
Contract Type: Permanent
Salary: Market Related
The Conference and Events Manager is responsible for creating an environment that delivers the best conferencing experience in Cape Town.
Key responsibilities will include:
1. Develop, implement and control operational plans for the C&E department for example annual departmental expense budgets, rostering, training, supplier management.
2. Work with Revenue Management and Operational Teams to optimise bookings and achieve financial and profitability targets.
3. Manage the channelling of “traffic” flow requests from Group Sales and Reservations to the Events Management and Operations teams through the effective planning, updating the events system and communicating effectively across all Departments.
4. Lead and manage the C&E Team, encouraging open communication, teamwork, performance and personal accountability and thereby promoting staff engagement and retention.
5. Develop C&E offerings, in line with changing trends in the events space, in collaboration with Guest Experience and Sales and Marketing teams.
6. Manage the day-to-day C&E guest experience against the agreed strategy, targets and standards.
7. Audit, formulate and maintain policies and standard operating procedures which facilitate conversion and customer satisfaction targets.
− A relevant tertiary qualification from a recognised South African or International Educational Institution.
− A minimum of 5 years’ experience in a similar role in a busy, high demand multi – events space environment
− Office 365 (Excel, Word, PPT, Teams) and Opera Sales and Catering
− Knowledge of Revenue Management is advantageous.
− Own transport
Application Deadline: 10/11/2021