Posted on :
7 Oct, 2013
7 Oct, 2013
The Partner Enablement Manager is tasked with establishing the strategy and driving the execution plan, rollout, tracking and reporting of new initiatives to drive VMware’s rapidly growing strategic products with a focus to Solution Providers and OEM within our Partner organization. The Partner Enablement Manager will create the communication and training plans to increase the speed of uptake when a new or improved initiative is rolled out, completed by reporting standards into Senior Management. Enablement will focus on both core Sales & Technical (Pre-Sales & Post-Sales) roles within our Partners. The role will drive efficiency in planning & execution across the VMware ‘assets’ that contribute to the Partner Enablement effort: SEs, PBMs/Alliance Managers, VATCs, Distributors, Partner University, Partner Marketing and the Product Marketing teams for product launches.
The Partner Enablement Manager, WECA will become a core member of the Partner team and will partner with the Senior partner Manager: Southern Africa, the Regional Manager – Africa, and the Distribution Manager – Southern Africa in NEMEA to share best practices and to ensure that needs are being met and plans are being executed.
In particular, this person will establish a quarterly cadence to provide focus to our PBMs/Alliance Managers and to our Partners on the key messages/education for that period.
The role will focus on WECA and reside in South Africa and will share best practices and experiences throughout NEMEA.
– Translate the business priorities for the business units to partner management requirements, partner sales enablement processes, technical enablement of the partner community from a pre-sales and post sales perspective and co-ordination of the Education Team
– Ensure that enough skills are available to support the ongoing targets of WECA for the year
– Look at potential savings that can be made and productivity gains that can be had by establishing what elements of the program can be outsourced
– Understand the VATC model within VMware and how that can be leveraged to optimize how training is delivered to partners
– Establish any role that the Distribution partners can perform in enablement of the partner community
– Establish a quarterly cadence and reporting with the Partner Business leaders of the region to establish Partner focus and educational content
– Establish a quarterly cadence with the SE Leadership team to confirm resources and messaging for Partner Technical Enablement.
– Work with PSO Leadership to align presales capability with delivery capability
– Work with the Global and EMEA & NEMEA team to advise on and specify content requirements form an WECA perspective
– Must be capable of building the framework and coordinating projects across multiple teams e.g. sales, marketing, enablement and technical resource to ensure efficient partner planning, enablement and execution.
– Soliciting feedback from all parts of the organization to feedback the needs and cadence of the partner community
– Look to address weakness in skill sets or solution/product knowledge by soliciting with appropriate training courses and hands on education
– Degree educated preferred
– Excellent collaboration and communication skills
– Program management experience is required
– Experience in working in a matrix organization that includes the requirement to show strong influencing skills across multiple teams
– Experience around the creation and structuring of educational enablement programs
– Familiarity with the maintenance of a two-tier distribution model
– The ability to technically understand the nature of VMware’s product portfolio
– Ability to multi-task
– Ability to analyze and manage data
– Awareness of the business models used by Partner companies to go to market
– Knowledge or experience of the use of an outsourced model to support an educational business
– Ability to resolve issues and to escalate to appropriate stakeholders
– Effective influence & negotiation skills
– Understanding of industry trends around cloud computing, end user computing, development platform or virtualization preferred
– Strong persuasive skills and ability to influence decision maker
– Detail orientated
– Fluent in English, French and Portuguese would be an advantage
Location Johannesburg, Gauteng, ZA
Requisition Number 44214BR
Note To Applicant: Please disable your pop-up blocker prior to clicking “Apply”
Job Segments: Cloud, Program Manager, Manager, Virtualization, Data Center, Technology, Management
How to Apply