Posted on :
24 Jul, 2010
Vodacom, South Africa’s Leading Cellular Network, is on the lookout for talented, energetic and dedicated people to weave the Vodacom magic! This may be YOU!
Vodacom is an award winning company and has expanded into Africa. The company is driven by The Vodacom Way which embodies a spirit to win, to deal straight and to sincerely care about everything we do! Vodacom firmly believes that it can enhance people’s lives and empower them. Most of all, those who work for Vodacom will seek to do the impossible. This creates a dynamic and exciting work environment offering opportunities for personal and professional growth.
Vodacom South Africa is seeking to recruit Service Management Manager
Job Reference Number: 2604/AM/ServMan/BB/Mid
Reports To: EHOD: Client Services Operations Centre
• To Plan,build and maintain services to all Vodacom customers.
• To Co-ordinate projects
• To evaluate & implement new technology
• To optimise the transmission network
• To generate reports on transmission network
• Analyzes the network system problems and implements solutions.
• Leads and/or participates in systems capacity planning.
• Undertake planning, schedules and assigns work based on established priorities.
• Ensure optimal service delivery with minimum disruption to clients business
• Full accountability for customer problems and escalations
• Performance reporting, trend analysis, root cause analysis, SLA metrics and management
• Internal accountability for solution sold to customers with regards to performance metrics and configuration standards
• Ensures that all services sold to customers is configured, deployed and measured according to the solution sold and the customer’s requirements.
• Management of the service portfolio
• Change control management and Incident/Problem and Change notification management
• Internal and third party escalation management
• Direct involvement with clients on solution design with the assistance of internal teams
• Client risk management
• Contract management
• Third party management
• 24 Hour Availability
• Excellent client management skills
• Report writing skills
• Financial and budgeting knowledge
• Attention to detail
• Problem solving & analysis skills
• Interpersonal skills
• Decision making skills
• Multi tasking ability
• Analytical thinking skills
• Technical writing skills
• Interpersonal skills
• Computer literacy
• Project management
• Excellent communication skills
• Coordinating skills
• Customer service orientation skills
• Tier 1 ISP model and typical ISP technologies
• Knowledge on MPLS networking as well as VoIP
• GSM network technology knowledge advantageous
• •Understanding of IP/GSM/Telecommunications/ICT Industry
•Network diagnostic tools
•Ability to work under pressure
•Ability to work independently or as part of a team
•Ability to work with all levels within the organization
•Independent self starter
•Attention to detail
• Matric plus a relevant 1 year Certificate AND a minimum of 8 years relevant working experience,
• A relevant 3 year Business or Technical Degree or National Diploma (or SAQA accredited equivalent*) AND a minimum of 5 years relevant working experience
• ITIL / ISO / eTOM qualifications (Advantageous)
• At least 3 years technical experience in the Tier 1 ISP market
• At least 3 years experience in problem and escalation management
• SLA Management experience essential
• Financial and budgeting experience
• Operational (virtual) team management experience (Advantageous)
* Please note that the onus lies with the candidate to provide Vodacom with substantial evidence to prove that his/her qualification is equivalent to the required NQF (National Qualifications Framework) level for the specific position.
•NB – Must be willing to work in shift environment
The Company’s approved Employment Equity Plan and Targets will be considered as part of the recruitment process.
Response Deadline: 27/7/2010