Posted on :
27 Nov, 2013
27 Nov, 2013
Job Description and Responsibilities
A committed purchasing professional with a passion for the motor industry, who is able to plan, source, develop, introduce and maintain local and export parts in order to achieve a commercially competitive advantage for VWSA.
• The identification & development of local and import parts & tooling in order to meet project requirements.
• Establish benchmark pricing and perform value analysis to ensure competitiveness.
• Conduct quotes and sourcing activities via various purchasing systems & prepare and present recommendations for managerial decision making purposes.
• Seek & develop new supply sources, nationally and internationally.
• Negotiate supplier price adjustments.
• Negotiate and maintain commercial contracts with suppliers.
• Perform capacity planning to ensure supplier tooling & facilities can adequately support VW production requirements.
• Incorporate engineering changes or quality improvements into existing components.
• Identify local sources of supply for potential export components to the VW Group.
• Prime project management accountability for ensuring components are approved by Engineering or Quality and introduced into production or exported.
Education and Experience
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
• A Degree / Diploma in the following disciplines – Purchasing, Logistics, Commerce, Finance, Business Management or
• A technical trade (e.g. Toolmaker) supported by an NTC 6 qualification.
• A minimum of 3 years Purchasing experience in the automotive industry.
Skills, Attributes & Other Requirements
• A good understanding of MIDP, APDP and NIPP principles
• Negotiation & Problem solving skills
• Oral and written Communication skills
• Presentation skills
• Above average computer literacy, especially MS Office package
• Financial analysis & Costing ability
• Business management & Project management skills
• Customer interface and Conflict management skills
• Ability to interpret technical data
• Self motivated and driven
• German language proficiency