Posted on :
22 Jan, 2014
22 Jan, 2014
Location – Town / City Uitenhage
Type of Position: STRATEGIC TALENT POOL:
What is the Strategic Talent Pool?
Volkswagen Group South Africa is continuously looking for individuals with expertise in the Maintenance field.
The aim of the strategic talent pool is to build a database of skilled individuals in the Maintenance field. Please note that there may not currently be positions available and screening will only commence once positions become available. Individuals will be notified via email as soon as a position in their field of expertise becomes available.
Job Description and Responsibilities WANTED:
A committed purchasing professional with a passion for the motor industry, who is able to plan, source, develop, introduce and maintain local and export parts in order to achieve a commercially competitive advantage for VWSA.
• The identification & development of local and import parts & tooling in order to meet project requirements.
• Establish benchmark pricing and perform value analysis to ensure competitiveness.
• Conduct quotes and sourcing activities via various purchasing systems & prepare and present recommendations for managerial decision making purposes.
• Seek & develop new supply sources, nationally and internationally.
• Negotiate supplier price adjustments.
• Negotiate and maintain commercial contracts with suppliers.
• Perform capacity planning to ensure supplier tooling & facilities can adequately support VW production requirements.
• Incorporate engineering changes or quality improvements into existing components.
• Identify local sources of supply for potential export components to the VW Group.
• Prime project management accountability for ensuring components are approved by Engineering or Quality and introduced into production or exported.
Education and Experience
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
• A Degree / Diploma in the following disciplines – Purchasing, Logistics, Commerce, Finance, Business Management or
• A technical trade (e.g. Toolmaker) supported by an NTC 6 qualification.
• A minimum of 3 years Purchasing experience in the automotive industry.
Skills, Attributes & Other requirements
• A good understanding of MIDP, APDP and NIPP principles
• Negotiation & Problem solving skills
• Oral and written Communication skills
• Presentation skills
• Above average computer literacy, especially MS Office package
• Financial analysis & Costing ability
• Business management & Project management skills
• Customer interface and Conflict management skills
• Ability to interpret technical data
• Self motivated and driven
• German language proficiency