The Volvo Group is one of the world’s leading manufacturers of trucks, buses, construction equipment and marine and industrial engines under the leading brands Volvo, Renault Trucks, Mack, UD Trucks, Eicher, SDLG, Terex Trucks, Prevost, Nova Bus, UD Bus, Sunwin Bus and Volvo Penta.
The Volvo Trucks brand has been built up over decades and enjoys a solid position worldwide. It is one of the world’s best-known and respected brands within the commercial vehicle industry.
It is associated with the core values quality, safety, and environmental care. With Volvo Trucks you will be part of a global and diverse team. We work with passion, we trust each other and we embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
Volvo Group Southern Africa provides an internship
opportunity in the following area: Finance.
- This internship is situated in Boksburg.
- The successful candidate will have exposure to the following areas within our Accounts team:
- General Ledger – record journal entries, perform accounts reconciliations.
- Prepare financial statements in Business Consolidation System.
- Deliver periodical sales reports and administer related general ledger reconciliations
- Deliver periodical inventory reports and administer related general ledger reconciliations
- Deliver periodical Fixed assets reports and administer related general ledger reconciliations. Administer Capitalisation, master data changes, retirements and scrapping. Perform preciation runs, order settlements, assessments and distributions,
- Master Data: Execute master data updates in GL
- Deliver statistics and reports to Authorities or other external statistics as specified by local, regional, federal or state authorities.
- Manage Period End Closing timeplans /closing schedule preparation, cooperation with and communication to all stakeholders
- Prepare required documentation for internal and external audits
- Ensure fulfillment of internal control requirements
- Work in accordance with the work instructions and Process requirements
- Prepare and update work instructions, forms, spread sheets for accounting personnel. Actively participate in process standardization.
- Must be able to use own initiative.
- Be a team player.
- Be Structure Orientated and Deadline Driven.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Interpersonal skills.
- Computer literacy. Excel (effective)
- Qualifications and Experience
- Completed B Com Accounting degree or equivalent
- Own transport is critical
Volvo Group Southern Africa (Pty) Ltd is an affirmative action, equal employmentopportunity employer.