Vumelana provides transaction advisory services to support the conclusion of commercial partnership agreements between communities that acquire land under South Africa’s land reform programme and investors. Once agreements are reached, the successful investor pays for Vumelana’s services that made the deal possible.
Vumelana uses the fees recovered from the investor to help build leadership and management capability in the Community Institution on whose land the development takes place.
Job Title: Projects Manager
Reporting to the Programmes Manager, the Projects Manager will deliver project management services in pursuit of Vumelana’s: Transaction Advisory Support Programme, which is designed to procure and manage the advisory services for the structuring of agreements between Communal Property Institutions and commercial investors; and Communal Property Institution Support Programme, which is designed to build the capacity of Communal Property Institutions to manage their affairs. The Projects Manager will also provide support to the management team as an integrated member of the Vumelana operational team.
The broad key performance areas of this position are:
- Project identification, review and approval – including administration of the project identification process, supporting the project review panel in analysing projects for approval and conducting site visits
- Project contract implementation and management – including the administration of contracts and facilitation of payments, project management reporting, monitoring and evaluating projects and providing general support to the Programmes Manager across all functions.
Key responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to:
- Coordinating the recording of requests for support received regarding prospective projects and service providers for maintenance of a comprehensive projects register and database
- Providing management and administrative support to the Project Review Panel by ensuring that all administrative requirements have been met
- Performing Project Quality Risk Management to ensure that all of Vumelana’s procedural requirements are followed and policies adhered to. This includes ensuring that all required documentation has been received and approved
- Conducting contract administration by ensuring that all contracts are processed and recorded. Using contract templates, the first level content is drafted and forwarded to the Programmes Manager, Finance Manager and Chief Executive for approval and signature
- Ensuring that all project management reporting feedback requirements are met. This includes information required for internal report back meetings to Vumelana Management as well as information provided to stakeholders and clients
- Collating information in support of Vumelana’s project risk assessment processes
- Providing general support across all functions performed by the Programmes Manager as required.
The Projects Manager must meet the following criteria:
- Relevant Bachelor’s degree, post-graduate qualification in development studies, agribusiness, economics or related field preferred
- Project management certification or demonstrable experience
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in project management, with relevant experience in stakeholder management
- Experience in working with infrastructure/development projects (corporate, private, public)
- Contract administration
- Dispute resolution
- Stakeholder relations
- Proven track record in project management and proficiency in computer programmes in particular MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook
View the full job description and application instructions on the Vacancies page at www.actionappointments.co.za and email your application by to [email protected].
Application Deadline: Monday 09th March 2020