Vumelana provides transaction advisory services to support the conclusion of commercial partnership agreements between communities that acquire land under South Africa’s land reform programme and investors. Once agreements are reached, the successful investor pays for Vumelana’s services that made the deal possible. Vumelana uses the fees recovered from the investor to help build leadership and management capability in the Community Institution on whose land the development takes place.
Job Title: Junior Bookkeeper
Location: Woodmead, Sandton.
Employment Type: 6 month fixed term contract.
Report to: Finance Manager.
- Initiate cash withdrawals and internal funding transfers
- Pay suppliers and service providers on time, against budgets, contracts and authorised invoices/orders where appropriate as per agreed processes
- Prepare monthly reconciliations and expense summary schedules
- Maintain personnel files
- Process accounting and financial reporting transactions (capture monthly entries into Pastel cashbook; reconcile Pastel cashbooks to bank account; record accurate revenue transactions; prepare and process monthly journals and finalise the General Ledger and Trial Balance)
- Maintain and update the fixed asset register – process depreciation
- Prepare quarterly aggregated TB
- Prepare annual VAT apportionment expense schedules – update monthly
- Assist Finance Manager and auditors with annual audit
- Support the Finance Manager in preparation of budgets and forecasts
- Relevant accounting or bookkeeping diploma/degree
- A minimum of 5 years bookkeeping experience in this role (general bookkeeping function up to trial balance).
- High levels of computer literacy (MS Office in particular Excel, Accounting Software e.g. Sage Pastel)
- Strong accounting knowledge
- Attention to detail, meticulous
- Excellent analytical and numeric skills
- Excellent organisational skills, prioritise and plan well
- Strong administrative and planning skills
Please send your CV to [email protected].
Application Deadline: Friday, 23 October, 2020
Only short listed candidates will be contacted. Vumelana reserves the right not to make an appointment.
For more about The Vumelana Advisory Fund, refer to www.vumelana.org.za.