Posted on :
13 Jul, 2010
13 Jul, 2010
Waggener Edstrom Worldwide has partnered with many of the world’s leading brands – including GE Healthcare, MasterCard International, Microsoft and T-Mobile USA. We’ve helped to drive world-changing ideas and life-changing visions.
We’ve won the trust of our clients by developing a deep knowledge of their businesses, thinking strategically and helping shape influence through our broad range of talent, knowledge and 25 years of experience. Waggener Edstrom recruits Account Manager
Are you interested in truly making a difference?
Waggener Edstrom, one of the world’s largest independent integrated communications agencies, is looking for driven professionals to join its newly opened Johannesburg office.
Our South Africa office is one of sixteen across the globe, and it’s expanding rapidly. We work across time zones and continents. Our clients are innovative and so is our work – and importantly, our employees come first.
We are currently looking for a first-rate public relations operator to assume responsibility across established technology brands; providing insightful client counsel, a deep understanding of the technology sector and passion for business writing.
You should consider applying for the position if you have the following experience:
• Excellent track record at Account Management level – in a public relations and/or within the technology industry – providing a communications consulting service to technology clients
• PR management and execution experience, including developing plans, client management, launch strategies, product positioning, pitching stories to the media, negotiation
• Experience with pan-regional clients and accounts preferred
• Previous experience in individual and team management
• Demonstrated creative and strategic mindset
• Experience working under client and influencer deadlines
• Digitally-savvy and well-versed with social media
• Knowledge of high tech industry and key players
• Managed multiple projects/events simultaneously
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• High level of initiative and attention to detail
Get in touch to hear more about our industry-leading benefits, ranging from digital consultancy training to paid volunteer days. If you want to make a change, this opportunity might be for you.
How to Apply:
Please submit your CV (in word format) via our website athttp://jobs.waggeneredstrom.com/jobs/311965-Account-Manager.aspxwhere you can also find a full job description.
As a rapidly growing office, we are always on the lookout for enthusiastic and intelligent PR professionals with previous agency experience. If you are entry or mid level and think you fit the bill, please send your CV and covering letter to [email protected]
Closing date: Friday 16th July 2010
Education level: Degree
Travel requirement: Occasional