Posted on :
2 Jul, 2012
We are looking for a designer that can build and improve user interfaces for Assembla.com and other applications. The goal is to deliver complete workflows with simple and beautiful user interfaces. We will start with drawings and mockups, and then we will make clear and readable HTML/CSS mockups and then work directly in the application templates. The successful candidate will be a UI designer who can install our Rails development environment, and work with our programmers in an incremental development process. You can find more details and apply to this position by going to: https://assembla-inc.assembla.com/search/show_job/1483
• Understands principles of readabilty and user interface design
• Can design user interfaces with use cases and mockups. Must be able to run a mockup process
• Strong HTML and CSS capabilities, with cross-browser testing
• Experience working in development environments and editing program templates is required. Programming experience is a benefit, but not required. Ruby on Rails experience is a big plus.
• Must be able to install and run our Ruby on Rails development environment, on Macintosh, or Linux, or a Linux virtual machine hosted on Windows.
• You must be able to work in a distributed environment with source code management – subversion or git
We turn your ideas and presentations into released product quickly. You can work at home, from an island in the Pacific (one of our team leaders moved to Hawaii) or from any other location. You will be working with a talented group of developers who are working on high-traffic applications with hundreds of thousands of users. Help to build our emerging design and product marketing team. Assembla is a startup company with an unbroken record of profitable, self-funded growth. Learn more about Assembla at http://about.assembla.com/
This is a telecommuting position; work schedule and location are flexible. You can work at home or in a remote office with a computer, broadband networking, and skype phone/IM service. You make your own hours. Assembla offers a competitive hourly rate and pays weekly based on submitted statements within our time tracking and billing module. All successful candidates will begin with a two-week paid trial period. If that goes well, we will make long-term, full-time contract. We are building our team and we want the option to hire you full time.
How To Apply
To apply please go to https://assembla-inc.assembla.com/search/show_job/1483 and click on Apply to this job
You will need to create a profile that includes a resume, a desired hourly rate, and the numbers of hours that you have available per week. You can also include a short summary of what makes you the best fit for our position. If we want to work with you, we will invite you to take part in an immediate paid trial.