Advert Code: 253/13
Manages financial performance of the division, improving systems and best practices through projects to enhance profitability and efficiencies.
Five to eight years experience of which at least three should have been post articles
B.Com Hons degree – Accounts, Economics and Banking essential
Registered Chartered Accountant (SA) preferred
- Produces or reviews cost reports to make sure they accurately reflect work activity.
- Ensures financial documentation is maintained to support accurate record keeping and future requirements as per legislation.
- Escalates potential risks that may lead to increased costs or financial losses.
- Presents work proposals on planned activities that will require financial resources.
Compliance and Governance
- Prepares Company tax schedules and tax packs accurately and timeously.
- Prepares BA, Tax and NCR Returns accurately and timeously.
- Processes monthly VAT returns and informs head office to pay VAT over to SARS.
- Processes bi-annual income tax provisional for the Company.
- Prepares income statement and balance sheet for the area of responsibility.
- Prepares monthly board reports for JV’s, reviewing results of each JV monthly to identify trends and report on anomalies and potential risks.
- Analyses results for Board meeting reports and provides recommendations.
- Participates in annual budgeting cycle of all cost centres.
- Ensures past and future trends in interest rates and assumed rule from the Group are taken into consideration.
- Prepares detailed financial performance reports with a set of financial statements and forecast on every individual line item, process journals to clarify and ensure intercompany accounting is processed on time.
- Ensures departmental deadlines are achieved to allow Company consolidation of budgets for the next financial year.
- Prepare invoices for approval.
- Run general ledger and put data on spreadsheets as well as adds it to HFM System for company-wide consolidation.
- Reviews and prepares reconciliations.
- Prepare and authorise journals.
- Analyses general ledger of the consolidated Company GL and submit estimate of expected monthly profits.
- Allocates costs to cost centre items and analyses these to ensure optimisation of resources.
- Reviews and provides answers to anomalies on budgets.
- Reviews debtors age analysis to ensure focused attention on potential problem areas.
- Analyses trends and patterns and prepares management information reports to identify items requiring attention.
- Provides analysis of divisional performance, from reviewing monthly and annual trends and statistics.
- Prepares monthly board packs and CFO Forum reporting packs.
- Prepares financial reports for division, including profit and loss statements.
- Reviews management accounts and prepares variance reports.
- Prepares and submits Board Packs accurately and on time.
- Prepares non-accounting business reports for administrative business processes as well as business performance.
- Assists annual auditing process and actions all findings immediately.
- Reviews manufacturers divisional financial statements for various cost centres, analyses content and investigates anomalies to the norm.
How to Apply
Click here to apply online
Applications accepted until: 25th of Sep, 2013