Posted on :
17 Sep, 2013
17 Sep, 2013
The role of Legal Counsel is to identify and mitigate legal risk through providing specialist legal advice, formulating and vetting contracts and ensuring that the company remains legally compliant.
– 1 – 3 years post admission experience in a similar role
Minimum Qualification: Admitted Attorney
Preferred Qualification: Admitted Attorney
– Negotiates, vets and amends standard agreements and security documentation to mitigate legal risk to the company.
– Drafts and/or reviews various non-standard documentation on behalf of the company to ensure that legal risk is reduced.
– Investigates, researches and drafts written legal opinions for business to minimise legal risk.
– Actively monitors changes in legislation, litigation, intellectual property regulations, technology and relevant industry practices, policies, methodologies and frameworks and ensures appropriate interventions are defined.
– Analyses legal complaints and litigation that come to the department and takes corrective action with regards to agreements, documentation and processes within area of accountability.
– Identifies, monitors and reports on risk exposure and process breakdowns to management, risk management and governance structures as per the applicable Risk framework.
How to Apply
Applications accepted until: 19th of Sep, 2013