Interested to gain work experience in the public service? Then look no further. Apply for our programme and we can make gaining work experience in the Public Service Better Together.
The Premier’s Advancement of Youth (PAY) project will provide 750 matriculants from the class of 2013 with work and training from 1 April 2014 to 31 March 2015.
Is this you?
- You have written and passed the National Senior Certificate (NSC) in 2013 in the Western Cape.
- You are not going to study further in 2014.
- You are a South African citizen, residing in the Western Cape.
- You have no network or support to help you make career choices.
- You are not sure of the next step after school.
- You are financially constrained.
- You are between the ages of 18 and 24.
If your answer is “yes” to all of the above, the PAY project is for you. To read more you can download the Recruitment Guide.
On-the-job training will be provided in the following departments:
What will you achieve?
- Work experience in the public sector.
- Contactable references for your brand new CV.
- A set of skills and experiences that will make you more marketable and employable.
- A year in which to make informed career choices together with a network to back it up.
Make it happen:
- Applications open on Wednesday, 8 January 2014, and will be available from this web page.
- The closing date for applications: Friday, 31 January 2014.
- Ensure that you bring along a copy of your Matric results and identity document.
- You will be asked to write a brief statement about yourself regarding your:
- Personal details
- Personal profile
- Key skills
- Key achievements
- Hobbies and interests
- If you do not have an email address, create one immediately. You will need it to apply.
- When applying you have to register first.
- Once you have registered successfully, you will receive a username and password.
- You will be asked to use the username and password to login and complete the application.
- Please save your username and password in a secure place so that you are able to access it should you need to.
- Find out which public library closest to you has internet access.
- Find the contact details of the Thusong Service Centre closest to you and determine if they have internet access.