WESSA (the Wildlife and Environment Society of South Africa) is a South African environmental organisation which aims to initiate and support high impact environmental and conservation projects to promote participation in caring for the Earth. For over 90 years we have proactively engaged with the challenges and opportunities presented by our country’s unique natural heritage and the social and economic systems that depend on it.
Job Title: Project Manager for Head Start and Triple H Programmes
Job Location: Bryanston office in Johannesburg
Salary: To be discussed
Reports to: Programme Manager
- Fundraise to secure future project sustainability and drive implementation
- Manage and grow registrations and participation of High School Business Clubs
- Manage relationships with funders and beneficiary groups and implement projects as per project log frames and budgets
- Establish and maintain partnerships in the region
- Manage and support project coordinators with effective project management, and supporting the Schools Programme management team
- Three-year tertiary qualification in either economics, development or education
- Minimum of three years proven previous project management experience in a similar role
- Previous work experience in capacity building and skills training
- Strong organisational and leadership skills
- Ability to build and maintain professional relationships
- Verbal and written communication skills
- Key personal skills: creative thinking, initiative, self-motivation and self-management
- Ability to interact confidently with external stakeholders
- Microsoft Office Skills, particularly Excel
- Fluency in English and at least one other African language
- Valid driver’s license, competent driving skills and own car is essential
- Be prepared to travel extensively throughout South Africa to maintain and seek funding opportunities
- Must have an interest in education, entrepreneurship, business and/or youth development
- Be a creative individual, who can think out of the box, and is comfortable working with groups of young people
To apply, Submit CV to Chanelle Ramphaul, Human Resources Officer, via email to [email protected] Please state: ‘Project Manager – Head Start and Triple H’ in the subject line
WESSA is committed to equality, employment equity, and diversity.
In accordance with the employment equity plan of WESSA and its employment equity goals and targets, preference may be given, but is not limited, to candidates from under-represented designated groups.
WESSA reserves the right not to make an appointment to the posts as advertised.
Candidates with disabilities are encouraged to apply for positions.
Application Deadline: 6th August, 2018