WESSA (the Wildlife and Environment Society of South Africa) is a South African environmental organisation which aims to initiate and support high impact environmental and conservation projects to promote participation in caring for the Earth. For over 90 years we have proactively engaged with the challenges and opportunities presented by our country’s unique natural heritage and the social and economic systems that depend on it.
Job Title: Education Principal for the Twin Streams Education Centre
Job Location: KwaZulu-Natal
Salary: To be discussed, single accommodation is provided
Reports to: The General Manager
The purpose of the position is to support the General Manager of WESSA Education Centres to take the unit to new heights and assume overall accountability for the Business Unit by providing strong leadership and management in order to convert the unit to a highly effective, profitable business as a separate income stream to fund it and contribute to WESSA’s core costs.
- Strategy Development and Implementation, with a core focus on education programming and development
- Manage and lead the team towards achieving growth and profit for the unit
- Achieve the budgeted profitability of the unit for current financial year
- Develop and implement a dynamic strategic marketing campaign to continuously grow the unit
- A PGCE or BEd with experience in teaching Biology / Geography / Environmental Science / General Science, STEM, STEAM, and outdoor education
- Proven track record within an education facility would be a definite advantage
- Strong management and organisational skills
- Financial acumen and the ability to develop and manage a budget
- Ability to build and maintain professional relationships
- First Aid skills
- Verbal and written communication skills, with strong presentation skills
- Key personal skills: initiative, self-motivation and self-management as well as the ability to inspire the same in others
- Confidence, high energy levels, enthusiasm and a high work ethic is essential
- Ability to interact confidently with external stakeholders
- Microsoft Office Skills
- Fluency in English and one other African language with good report writing skills
- Valid driver’s license essential with demonstrated competent driving skills
- Confidence, high energy levels and enthusiasm
- Communication and presentation skills (written and oral)
- Flexible, accommodating and even-tempered
- Computer skills
- Neat, well presented, and in good health
To apply, submit a CV to Chanelle Ramphaul, Human Resources Officer, at [email protected], state ‘Education Principal – Twin Streams Education Centre in the subject line.
WESSA is committed to equality, employment equity, and diversity.
In accordance with the employment equity plan of WESSA and its employment equity goals and targets, preference may be given, but is not limited, to candidates from under-represented designated groups.
WESSA reserves the right not to make an appointment to the posts as advertised. Candidates with disabilities are encouraged to apply for positions.
Application Deadline: 22nd February, 2019