The Wits Health Consortium (Pty) Limited (WHC) is wholly-owned by the University of the Witwatersrand. We are the support operation through which the University – primarily its Faculty of Health Sciences – conducts research, manages donor-funded activities, pursues entrepreneurial innovation in health and supports clinical trials.
Job Title: Grants Manager
Location: Chris Hani Baragwanath Hospital, Soweto
Main purpose of the job
To lead the provision of effective financial and administrative support services to all staff and sites, specifically
in the areas of financial management, donor liaison and organizational administration.
Key performance areas
- Implement financial strategies, including systems, processes and policies and procedures through sound
- governance practices.
- Provide financial advice and review of funding applications.
- Forecast future financial outcomes, plan, prepare and review annual budgets for approval by relevant
- Disseminate and present to budgets to stakeholders (including donors).
- Manage and monitor expenditure and report any irregularities.
- Manage cost recovery from projects.
- Prevent unauthorized expenditure or overspending.
- Oversee cash flow planning and management and ensure that funds are available as required.
- Effective management of finance deliverable for the SSC and division.
- Implement and maintain financial management mechanisms that reduce financial risk to the business
- Ensure compliance with donor requirements and manage audits.
- Manage, compile and review month- end and year- end closing activities and ensure accurate financial
- statements are available to relevant stakeholder within specified deadlines.
- Supervise and manage the duties of team members to ensure optimal utilization of staff.
Required minimum education and training
B.Com (Accounting) or 3 years National Diploma
Required minimum work experience
Minimum 5 years working experience in Accounting and or Financial Management
Desirable additional education, work experience and personal abilities
- Knowledge of SAGEX3, IFRS and the SA GAAP
- Experience in a donor funded environment
- Ability to influence, negotiate and communicate effectively with stakeholders.
- Knowledge of donor and contractual requirements
- Organized, thorough and accurate approach to work
- Resilient with demonstrated ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Above average computer skills, particularly in MS Excel, MS Access, MS Outlook and MS Word.
- Drivers licence & own vehicle essential.
Should you be interested in applying for this vacancy, clearly state which vacancy you are applying for and forward your detailed CV to: [email protected]
Application Deadline: Tuesday, 24 December, 2019