World Vision is a Christian relief, development and advocacy organisation dedicated to working with children, families and communities to overcome poverty and injustice.
Job Title: Business Development Lead – Corporate Partnerships
The purpose of thenposition is to be a middle manager with initiative, drive, and outstanding relationship building and communication skills. He/she will need to be a team player who has experience achieving ambitious fundraising targets with a strong business acumen. They will be comfortable dealing with small as well as large corporates, with a track record of income generation from these groups through various business opportunities. An affinity for World Vision’s work is a must, as is the ability to quickly connect with and influence corporate decision makers inclined towards WV core business as well as internal WV stakeholders.
- Identifies, evaluates, cultivates and solicits corporate opportunities from information gathered from a variety of internal and external sources that indicates corporate interest, accessibility and capacity of the identified business segments to develop and implement WVSA’s corporate-giving donor strategy with long and short-term donation goals.
- Develops corporate donor partnerships by leading the creation, planning and coordination of in-kind, once-off, Payroll, BBBEE and CSI commitments to support WVSA operations through small and large corporate (Local and International) stewardship activities.
- Partners with Marketing and Communications on corporate donor related messages, products and events assisting to develop appropriate materials (brochures, promotional materials, appeals and online content) to support every aspect of the corporate-giving partnership plan. Manages all correspondence and reporting to prospects and donors, in liaison with the NRD Lead.
- Grow WVSA’s portfolio of corporate donors and prospects to sustain its operations by setting realistic fundraising targets to fixed deadlines, agreed in consultation with key internal partners. Tracks performance and forecasting of corporate-giving projections.
- Identifying, soliciting and cultivating WV stakeholders (Internal and External) into an ecosystem of partnerships for general operating support, networking, event sponsorship, volunteering, and/or publicity, in liaison with the NRD Lead.
- Design, development and execution of a comprehensive (Local and International) business giving programme to increase WVSA’s corporate donations and support.
Institutionalize innovative approaches for Corporate-Giving Support from Businesses in South Africa who have an expected inclination to support WVSA through, but not limited to; strategic Corporate Social Investment donations (Impact Investing),
Broad Based Black Economic Empowerment deals, shared value opportunities, pledges, once-off cash or in-kind donations, and staff involvement (Payroll contributions, etc).
Manage all aspects of the partnership process and corporate giving cycle (including the strategy for corporate prospecting, acquisition, cultivation, and retention/growth), through diverse business tactics that will generate significant revenues to sustain WVSA operations.
Provide support to the NRD Lead in developing and maintaining strategic documents, databases, communication campaigns and marketing events and or initiatives.
- Minimum Education:
- National Diploma in the Business, Marketing and or Communications disciplines
- Technical Skills & Abilities:
- Ability to work and communicate with a wide range of internal and external partners.
- Strong networking and presentation skills.
- Outstanding written and verbal skills.
- Ability to analyze issues, identify priorities, manage projects and make decisions expeditiously.
- Ability to work independently and effectively as part of a close-knit team – locally and internationally.
- Understanding of effective fundraising pipeline development and management.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Plan, manage and reconcile marketing and communications related project/campaigns
- Must have a strong working knowledge on how to post and engage on various social media platforms and other online sales/marketing channels
- Strong leadership with ability to positively influence others to support strategic initiatives.
- Commitment to continuous learning and willingness to keep abreast of new developments in the field of development.
- Ability to convey complex technical concepts and recommendations to non- technical staff at all levels, in a clear and concise style.
- Self-Manager, analytical and critical thinker, able to work with tight deadlines and handle multiple concurrent projects
- Track record of building long-term, productive relationships with donors
- Demonstrated ability for handling multiple, complex fundraising initiatives simultaneously in a fast-paced environment
- Strong computer skills, knowledge of fundraising databases
- Passion for the mission and goal of World Vision South Africa
- High energy, positive, “can-do” attitude, innovative thinking, flexibility, team-oriented, high degree of initiative, ability to take calculated risks, measure performance and demonstrate an overall drive to build lasting fundraising success for the organisation.
- Experience & Training:
- Minimum 6 years of experience with corporate-giving programmes particularly small and large corporates.
- Experience in the Corporate Social Investment space is essential as is working knowledge of Broad Based Black Economic Empowerment score card elements.
- A proven track record of successful relationship building and income generation through applying a broad business acumen to easily identify and appreciate business development opportunities is essential.
- Experience with nonprofit CRM fundraising software is essential.
- Experience with corporate prospecting, acquisition, cultivation and retention.
- Experience initiating and managing successful corporate projects, events and or campaigns.
- Cultivating, growing and closing business deals and developing corporate-giving strategies in SA.
- Experience with research tools and developing corporate research profiles (Macro and Micro).
- Preferred Skills, Knowledge and Experience
- Bachelor Degree in Business, Marketing and or Communications disciplines will be an added advantage
- Any training in the development and execution of marketing campaigns in a development context would be an advantage
- Digital marketing training would be an advantage
- Technical Skills & Abilities:
- Must be a committed Christian who is able to stand above denominational and cultural diversity challenges;
- An affinity for World Vision’s work is an advantage, as is the ability to quickly connect with and influence decision makers inclined towards WV core business – Able to present the work of WVSA with an emphasis on the impact of our work
- Ability to identify strategic change opportunities and make workable recommendations accordingly
- Technical understanding of marketing and communications functions a definite advantage
- Boosting advertising spend on digital platforms
- Work Experience:
- Impact investing exposure would be an advantage.
- Facilitating shared value between NGO’s and corporate’s an advantage.
- Experience of also developing funding from international corporates outside SA would be an advantage.
- Experience demonstrating the Return on Investment on income generation projects campaigns would be an advantage
- Been involved with the design and management of digital channel marketing plans
- Work Enviroment:
- Own car is required
- Office-based with travel to visit clients on a regular basis
- 10% Domestic/international travel is required.
The incumbent is expected to focus on, Corporate-Giving Support from Businesses in South Africa who have an expected inclination to support WVSA through, but not limited to, Corporate Social Investment donations (Impact Investing), Broad Based Black Economic Empowerment deals, pledges, once-off cash or in-kind donations, and staff involvement (Payroll contributions, etc).
Submit a CV and motivation letter to [email protected].
Application Deadline: Monday, 20 January, 2020