Construction Supervisor Vacancies
Job Title: Construction Supervisor – E&I Shondoni
Job Type: Contract/Temporary
Advertising Category: Construction/Completions
Location of Job: Pretoria, GT 181 ZA (Primary)
- Ensure that contractors comply with all aspects of the Worksite HSE Plan and policy; site regulations, permit to work and Client requirements.
- Ensue that construction contractors adhere to the latest approved for construction (AFC) project drawings, specifications, procedures and site instructions.
- Ensure by leadership and guidance, that contracted works meets all practical, commercial, requirements of productivity, quality and contract target completions.
- Supervise and coordinate the activities of construction contractors. Maintain daily supervisory surveillance checks and records ensuring that contractor’s management and supervision are providing safe working conditions and permitting procedures, all required competent personnel, protective equipment, adequate supervision and manpower, with reliable, well maintained equipment to execute the contracted works as per contract scope, schedule and targets.
- Ensure proper change control by issuing Field Instructions for all changes, reviewing Technical Queries to ensure responses are appropriate and practical, review Advanced Revision notices prior to issue to contractors to ensure correct use of construction resources.
- Ensure supervisors carry out dimensional checks, witness Loop checks,Stoking valve and inspect, surveillance checks in accordance with the Project Quality Plan and ensure all findings are recorded as stipulated in the Contractors ITP.
- Ensure that contractors are working in the required work areas, locations and elevations and that work sequence and interfaces with other contactors are both co-ordinated and planned to provide continuous working to meet contract schedules.
- Ensure practical security and protection of the works and that all contractors’ provisions for temporary plant are fit for purpose.
- Ensure that all construction materials, embedded items, special fixtures are approved for use and that they are stored, protected and available to workface locations as required.
- Ensure that work is carried out in accordance with the agreed Construction Methodologies.
- Ensure that a risk assessment has been undertaken and agreed prior to commencement of ALL and revised type of work activity.
- Maintain supervisory attendance at Tool Box talk and pre start meetings.
- Promote and maintain WPRSA, Client and contractor best practice working relationships.
- Ensure all lifting studies for lifting over live equipment ,large mass and complicated lifts are carried out and evaluated by a professional team.
- Attend Contractor progress and Safety meetings as requested.
- AutoCAD (Optional)
- Microsoft Projects.
- In Depth knowledge of relevant ELECTRICAL and Instrumentation standards.
- Organisational skills in the trade work and supervision of tradesmen in completing major works.
- Understanding of budget restrains in completion of projects.
- Be able to work unsupervised.
- Providing strong leadership and skills transfer
- Communicating effectively in a range of environments and with WPRSA team members ,Client and Contractors
- Demonstrating excellent negotiation and problem solving skills working with NEC 3
Job Matching Indicators
- Trade background in Electrical / Instrumentation industry.
- AutoCAD training and on site experience in single line drafting.
- Strong Industrial relations background
- MS Projects experience
- Management and planning of maintenance projects such as shutdowns,Brown fields and Tie-ins.
- Tertiary qualifications in Electrical Engineering such as Diploma or Technicians Certificate(Red Seal Trade Certificate)
- Minimum 5 years industry experience.
How to Apply
Click on this link to Apply online