Posted on :
8 Oct, 2021
8 Oct, 2021
Who is WWF?
WWF is the world’s largest and most respected independent conservation organisation, with over 6 million
supporters and a global network active in over 100 countries.
WWF’s mission is to stop the degradation of the earth’s natural environment and build a future in which humans
live in harmony with nature, by conserving the world’s biological diversity, ensuring that the use of renewable
natural resources is sustainable, and promoting the reduction of pollution and wasteful consumption.
Job Title: WWF South Africa: Face to Face (F2F) Fundraiser: Gauteng, Kwa Zulu Natal and Cape Town
Location: Johannesburg, Gauteng, South Africa; Durban, KwaZulu-Natal, South Africa; Cape Town, Western Cape, South Africa
Reference #: WWF South Africa: Face to Face (F2F) Fundraiser: Gauteng, Kwa Zulu Natal and Cape Town 1#
Contract Type: Contract
Salary: Market Related
As part of the Business Development Unit, the Field Sales Representatives (F2F Fundraisers)
are the ambassadors of WWF South Africa, focusing particularly on raising funding from individuals in public
spaces (Malls, Shopping Centres and Events), with the aim of developing a stronger commitment towards
• To directly attract and communicate with potential donors at Malls, Shopping Centres and Events to
solicit their support.
• Consistently exceed the targets set by the F2F Fundraising and Operations Manager, this will normally
be a minimum of two (2) new committed donors who will contribute a set amount via direct debit order
on a month-to-month basis.
• Meet both quality and quantity standards for sign up of new committed donors.
• Ensure the effective and accurate administration and processing of sign-ups.
• Fully comply with the POPIA. This includes keeping records securely in such a manner as to protect
confidentiality of any information disclosed and retaining no records of any committed donors after
submitting information to WWF-SA.
• Work closely with your fundraising team on learning and improving the technique and tactic to raise
funds for WWF-SA.
• Assist, as required, with initial training and induction of new team members.
• Organize and manage the exhibition stand, this will involve carrying equipment to and setting
equipment up at the work sites (Malls, Shopping Centre’s and Events).
• Provide own means of reaching agreed work sites with all necessary equipment. You will be
expected to travel to sites daily, and to be proactive in your journey planning.
• Be available to work unsocial hours including weekends, public holidays, and some evenings as the
nature of the role requires this.
• Attend regular training, team meetings/building and discussions for improvement.
• Maintain commitment, motivation and enthusiasm.
• Behave in a professional manner, reflecting WWF’s values, ethos, and policies at all times.
• Create public awareness to support WWF-SA’s conservation efforts.
II. What’s in it for you?
a. Fun working environment, where individuality is encouraged!
b. Excellent basic salary and additional Performance-Related Pay benefits
c. Regular monetary incentives and other rewards
d. Continued regular training, support and development to improve your skills
e. A supportive high-performance environment
f. Team building social events
g. Meaning and Purpose: Our mission is your success! You’re protecting our one and only home!
There’s no planet B!
– Completed Tertiary education preferred if no sales experience
– Min 1 year sales experience if no Tertiary education
– Direct sales experience is an advantage
– Fundraising experience, including F2F Fundraising experience is an advantage
– Previous work and/or volunteerism at an NGO or charity is an advantage
– Have the ability to inspire people through outstanding verbal communication and interpersonal skills
– Fluent in English and one other official South African language
– Unshakable drive and motivation to succeed and build your campaign
– Effective at time management
– Have a strong work ethic, be target motivated and work well under pressure
– Passion for nature and conservation an advantage
Application Deadline: 20/10/2021