WWF South Africa (WWF-SA) is a national office that is part of the WWF network. It is a local non-governmental organisation that for more than 40 years has worked towards the aim of inspiring all South Africans to live in harmony with nature, for the benefit of this country and the well-being of all people. WWF-SA works to inspire and empower all South Africans, from school children and local community leaders to consumers and chief executive officers (CEOs), to value, respect and defend the integrity of the natural ecosystems that underpin the sustainable development of this country.
Job Title: Team Leader
Job Location: Cape Town
- Braamfontein, Johannesburg
This is a six months’ contract position
- Supervise a team of F2F Fundraisers and support them to attract individual donors
- Assist with their induction and providing ongoing onsite training and coaching
- Provide expertise in F2F fundraising techniques, objection handing, codes of conduct and day to day operations
- Ensure team members are familiar with and can use appropriate fundraising techniques
- Keep the team motivated and ensure that they behave in a disciplined manner
- Quickly identifying and reporting disciplinary issues / other events that may implicate the organisation or the well-being of team members, to the F2F Fundraising Manager
- Maintain an understanding of WWF-SA campaigns, to be able to talk convincingly to potential supporters about the organisation’s work and ensure team members can do the same. This includes keeping up to date with projects and news that affects the team, participating in training
- Be responsible for achieving personal and team’s daily/ weekly targets, in accordance with agreed Key Performance indicators (KPIs). This includes setting targets for individual team members and managing their performance with the support of the Fundraising Manager, and meeting personal fundraising targets
- Provide regular updates to the F2F Fundraising Manager
- Ensure the effective and accurate administration and processing of personal and team sign ups
- Be accountable for and ensure team members take responsibility for any WWF-SA equipment that is entrusted to their care
- Work together cooperatively with and support other F2F team leaders and fundraisers
- Represent and also ensure that team members represent WWF-SA in the public sphere in a positive and inspiring manner
- Adhere to WWF-SA Code of Conduct at all times
- Assist with other fundraising or campaigning activities as directed by the Fundraising Manager
- Assist with organising travel arrangements for F2F fundraising activities as required
- Actively participate in relevant team-building, group activities or meetings
- Undertake any other tasks that may be delegated by the Fundraiser Manager that are in keeping with the scope of the role
- Prove success in face to face fundraising while other sales/ fundraising experience is useful
- Relevant degree or similar qualification
- Two to five years of experience in fundraising / marketing
- A proven ability to secure regular giving donors
- To meet fundraising targets and work with deadlines
- Experience of supporting and supervising others
- Ability to both lead and work collaboratively within a team
- Training experience and the ability to transfer skills to others
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to easily build rapport with a diverse range of people
- Communication skills, creativity and the ability to develop new ways to inspire people about what WWF-SA does
- Proven ability to motivate and inspire others
- Ability to work well under pressure and to handle rejection
- A positive attitude and high levels of self-motivation
- Organisational and time management skills
- Valid, current drivers’ license
- Ambitious, results orientated and able to work in a target driven environment
- Reliable and adaptable
- An interest in and passion for WWF-SA cause
- Must be a team player
To apply, click here fill out the application form, and provide a detailed CV and covering letter (attach under “Documents”) fully motivating why you should be appointed, together with the names, current e-mail addresses and telephone numbers of three relevant references.
Applications sent via email will not be considered.
WWF seeks to promote diversity among its staff.
Candidates who have not received a response within three weeks of the closing date are kindly requested to assume that their application has not been successful in this instance.
WWF-SA reserves the right not to fill this position.
Application Deadline: 25th October, 2018