Posted on :
12 Dec, 2017
12 Dec, 2017
XA International Trade Advisors is seeking two bright, talented, passionate individuals for its internship programme. The interns will be based at the XA offices in Centurion.
The internship will run for an initial 3 months period but maybe extended depending on performance and operational needs.
Duties and Responsibilities include:
• Assisting in preparing anti-dumping, safeguard, countervailing and other tariff related
petitions on behalf of clients
• Liaising with relevant government institutions on behalf of clients
• Attending and reporting on assigned meetings
• Writing professional blogs and media articles
• Assisting with ad hoc trade related assignments
• Providing general administrative support, such as scanning, photocopying, editing, data entry, and filing
Education & Qualifications:
• Relevant degree e.g. B Com, Masters in, International Trade, Economics or any other relevant qualification with a bias towards international trade.
Skills and knowledge required performing optimally in role:
• A good understanding of World Trade Organization agreements e.g. anti-dumping,
safeguards, countervailing agreements etc.
• Knowledge and understanding of South African and other African countries trade agreements
• Knowledge and understanding of the current South African economic policies
• Proficiency in MS Excel, MS Word; MS Power Point
• A good understanding of accounting a must
Competencies required performing optimally in role:
• Ability to work under pressure and within strict deadlines
• Interpersonal communication – oral and written
• Time management
• Client management
• Problem solving
• Analytical – financial and technical
A monthly stipend will be paid. Candidates need to have their own reliable laptop to conduct
Correspondence will only be conducted with shortlisted candidates. If you meet the above requirements please forward your CV email: [email protected].