The Youth Development Institute of South Africa (YDISA) is a Johannesburg-based organisation that undertakes youth development research and advocacy to inform and shape policy, programmes and related initiatives aimed at amplifying the full participation of the youth in all sectors of society.
As acknowledged in South Africa’s
National Youth Policy (2015-2020), young people can act as agents of social change, innovation and economic growth. Indeed, they are a resource to be harnessed for the benefit of the country as a whole.
We collaborate with youth organisations, academia, the private sector, government
and other role players from civil society in advancing our strategic objectives.
YDISA seeks to employ Office Administration Intern to be based at Auckland Park, Johannesburg.
Duration: 12 months
The purpose of this opportunity is to equip graduates with experiential learning.
- Liaise with various suppliers
- Follow up on orders and invoices
- Assist in organising committee and board meetings
- Compile documents and assist in preparing meeting packs
- Organise delivery of meeting packs to committee and board members
- Assist with enquiries on expenses incurred
- Assist with various information requests received via email or telephone
- Office administration tasks as required
- A minimum of Bachelors degree in administration, management, commerce, social sciences, humanities or other relevant degree applicable to the internshipopportunity
- Applicants should be South African citizens or Permanent Residents of South Africa
- A strong work ethic, accountability, reliability and the ability to work under supervision within a dynamic team environment
- Ability to work accurately and with attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills, verbal and written
- Ability to work under pressure and multi-task
- Record keeping and organisational skills
- Microsoft Office skills
- Basic quantitative skills
Closing date: Friday, 15 December, 2017
To apply, submit a one-page letter of motivation, a two-page CV and names of two references, indicating the position you are applying for in the subject line to [email protected]
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
YDISA reserves the right not to make an appointmen