Yeast City Housing is a registered social housing company in the City of Tshwane, committed to providing innovative housing products to people qualifying for social housing subsidies and those with special housing needs.
Job Title: Property Development Manager
- The Property Development Manager will provide project management capability in the delivery of property development projects from assessing feasibility through to on ground works, as part of the YCH Management team.
The Property Development Manager will be involved in:
- Maintain and expand a rolling pipeline of property development for YCH.
- Identify opportunities for Social Housing, and develop a business case for such developments.
- Facilitate and manage the engagement of consultants, along with the development of design briefings and project proposals.
- Develop and manage project governance and risk plans.
Governance and Risk:
- Oversee the passage of project proposals through appropriate governance processes.
- Manage external planning and authority approval processes.
- Monitor construction program, and budget and apply appropriate solutions to problems or make recommendations to management.
- Provide project management capabilities to YCH in the area of property development.
- Establish and manage effective project reporting to stakeholders and ensure effective record management.
Qualifications and experience
- A minimum of a Bachelors Degree or equivalent is required. This qualification should preferably be in a commercial or business related area
- A minimum of 5-7 years in a property development and maintenance environment involving management of staff and contracts
- Previous experience in the Social Housing Sector is desired
- Knowledge of property development including construction management, and project management process.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong market and financial analysis.
- Generate and maintain relationships with external stakeholders.
Candidates to submit their applications by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications to include:
- a letter of interest motivating reasons for application,
- a current CV, and
- the names of at least three referees and their contact details.
Application Deadline: Friday 26 June 2020.