Zando was founded by Rocket Internet AG in 2012 and since then has grown exponentially to become South Africa’s biggest online fashion store. Zando’s holding company the Jumia Group is Africa’s leading digital player with more than 10 different market leading verticals in more than 20 countries.
Our passion for customer experience, knowledge in eCommerce as well as our drive to innovate are the basis for our success that we share with investors such as MTN, Millicom, Goldman Sachs and Orange.
We are looking for an Intern to join our dynamic Marketing Department. This is an awesome opportunity for a new graduate who is keen to gain experience and exposure to all aspects of digital marketing within the exciting field of e-commerce.
Key Performance Areas and Responsibilities:
- Assist in the maintenance and roll out of campaigns across all digital channels.
- Performance tracking and optimization.
- Liaise with design team during the Ad creation process.
- Assist in updating of campaigns and content.
- Assist in roll out of new campaign ideas.
- Learning how to operate within various paid channels.
- Assist in daily Display tasks which include uploading of banners and optimization.
- Assisting on an ad-hoc basis across the Department
Essential skills, behaviour and knowledge required:
- Excellent verbal and written communication, presentation and interpersonal skills.
- Strong computer proficiency required, particularly in Excel.
- Strong analytical and organizational skills and highly detail oriented habits.
- Ability to work on multiple tasks and ability to meet deadlines.
- Must be a team player.
- Ability to prioritize work to meet deadlines under pressure.
- Innovative thinking and problem-solving skills.
- A basic understanding of: SEM, SEO, Display and other marketing channels in the online space.
- Ability to live the Zando values:
- Delivers customer satisfaction;
- Leads completely;
- Embraces and drives change;
- Goes the extra mile;
- Is adventurous, open-minded and creative;
- Creates fun and a positive team spirit.
Relevant degree in marketing or business studies essential.
* A valid Green South African ID required.
* This position is in line with our company employment equity plan.
* Please note only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.