Posted on :
25 May, 2016
25 May, 2016
The Department of Agriculture, Forestry and Fisheries in partnership with the Nanjing Agricultural University (NAU), are offering a fully-funded postgraduate scholarship to the People’s Republic of China.
The aim of the scholarship is to address the shortage of critical skills by inviting applications from eligible individuals in the Professional Masters Program who wish to further their studies and pursue careers in Fishery Science to apply for this 2017 DAFF – China Scholarship programme.
The purpose of the scholarship is to promote the following:
• Profound and professional knowledge of basic theories in Fishery Science;
• Familiarity with the World Fishery Development and comprehensive knowledge structure;
• A spirit of innovation and practice;
• Capability of independently engaging in fishery technical and rural developing tasks;
• Innovative thinking;
• Ability to carry out independent research in fisheries;
• A rigorous style of study, good morality;
• Commitment to promote the development of fisheries and agricultural industries through strengthening cooperation between South Africa and China.
CONDITIONS OF THE SCHOLARSHIP:
1. Requirements for applicants
• Applicants should be from a fishery-related administration or extension department, university, college, institute, or business etc.
• In good health;
• Possess a Bachelor’s Degree (or equivalent) in Fishery, Biology, Environment, and related majors;
• English as a 1st language or ideally an English proficiency test score (e.g. IELES, TOEFL, etc.);
• Under the age of 40;
• Must be a South African citizen;
Individuals with requisite credentials from previously disadvantaged groups will be given first preference.
2. The scholarship will cover the following:
Those who are admitted will get the full scholarship provided by the Chinese Government and issued through China Scholarship Council (CSC).
Included in the scholarship (subject to the adjustment of the Government) will be:
• Return economy air ticket to the People’s Republic of China
• Monthly maintenance stipend
• Sickness and accident insurance
• Accommodation (university residence)
3. Documentation to be submitted to DAFF For the Scholarship programme
The following documentation is needed to apply for the scholarship:
• Completed application form;
• Physical Examination Record for foreigners and Blood Test Report;
• According to China’s quarantine regulations foreign students who wish to study in China for longer than 6 months, should submit copies of their Physical Examination Record or Foreigner and Blood Test Report in duplicates;
• Applicants’ medical examinations should cover all the items in the Physical
Examination Record and should be conducted at a public hospital with reliable testing facilities;
• Incomplete records or those without a sealed photograph of the applicant will be considered invalid;
• Since a completed physical record is effective only for six months from the date of examination, it is the applicant’s responsibility to decide when the next physical examination will be done;
• Upon enrolment, the applicants are expected to produce original copies of their medical records and blood test reports when they arrive in China;
• Applicants will be held responsible for any consequences which might occur as a result of submitting false medical results;
• Those without original copies or incomplete medical forms will be expected to take the medical examination again at their own expense.
• Highest diploma (Bachelor’s or equivalent) and academic record/transcript;
• Thesis Abstract, published research paper or research proposal (if any);
• Two recommendation letters (one should be from your current employer);
• A study or research plan written in English with more than 500 words;
• Copies of English language proficiency test results (for applicants whose native language or medium of instruction is not English);
• Recently updated Curriculum Vitae;
• Certified copy of passport.
Interested individuals should hand deliver their applications on or the 10 JUNE 2016