Posted on :
24 Nov, 2016
24 Nov, 2016
Service Line: Finance/Performance and Development (Northern Gauteng – Pretoria)
Company Location: Pretoria
Reporting To: Regional Financial Manager (In-land)
Role : Learnership Project Champion
Employment Contract: Permanent
Closing date: 02 December 2016
Main purpose of the job
Responsible to execute administrative tasks relating to projects and be the custodian of the administration processes within the respective projects.
Education and experience required
* Diploma/ Degree preferred
* 2 years previous experience in administration equivalent role
* MS Office
Knowledge Skills and Competencies required
* Excellent communication skills
* Good people skills
* Good phone etiquette
* Self-motivated and able to adapt to a changing environment
* Excellent articulation and command of the English language
* Attention to detail
* Methodical approach
* Deadline driven
Key areas of responsibilities:
* Determine June component (the Jun – July contracted and still active in October)
* Determine June component (the Aug – Sept contracted and still active in October)
* Determine current site allocation of active learners
* Obtain confirmation that learners are currently working in place of temporary staff
* Issue addendum to contract with the site details, shift details, stipend and benefits to learners
* Submit training group allocation for classroom training to P&D team as classes must commence on 12/10/2015
* Discuss schedule of groups with project manager and inform operations which learners will be in class according to the Mon-Tues and Thurs -Fri schedule
* Submit termination documentation where required for the drop-offs of the original 800
* Submit approved schedule for mentor/coaches of the June component for the one day training on Wednesdays starting on 28/10/2015
Prior to commencement
* Determine number of replacement learners required for October component
* Determine placement of October component replacement learners
* Recruitment of learners
* Ensure learner is properly trained and equipped
* Ensure learner is correctly allocated to contracts
* Ensure correct PPE is issued and copy of learner confirmation of receipt documentation submitted to P&D department
List to be compiled per region:
* Name of learner (as per SAP)
* Surname of learner
* Identity number
* SAP employee number
* Contract number
* Contract name
* Contact details of learner
* Mentor name
* Mentor contact number
* Following forms to be completed :
* Learnership employment contract
* Annexures A-C (new and existing) – to change the rate
* Learnership agreement
* Verification of personal details
Please note the following regarding forms to be completed:
We require 4 sets per learner. Care must be taken to have neat sets of documents to prevent a call back to the SSETA to tidy the sets.
Each set must stapled with a single staple in the left hand top corner and be organised in the following sequence:
* Original certified Identity document no older than 3 months and cannot be a copy of a certified copy.
* The learnership agreement – to be completed using black pen
* The employment contract – to be completed using black pen
* Original proof of banking details in set one, certified copy in set two and copies in the remaining sets 3 and 4.
* Original proof of residence in set one, certified copy in set two and copies in the remaining sets 3 and 4. Although the banking details can suffice as proof of residence the document must still be included and the words: “To be used as proof of residence” to be written on the page.
Each learner’s pack of 4 sets must be kept together with a rubber band, with the learner personal details verification document inserted on the top. The region must include a list of learners submitted for us to check against.
The sets must be submitted to Koketso Tema in the P&D office as follows:
* for Gauteng offices on 23/10 and
* for the outlying couriered to reach us no later than 26/10.
After commencement of learnership
* Assist any learners with salary related matters
* Assist any learners with logbook related matters.
* Discussions with a learner about place of placement or transport related matters.
* Deal with matters regarding the classroom if the person is not on the list of learners per group allocated by operations.
* Assist a learner with the resignation process – the learner must follow the standard process and must be supported with that by operations.
* Contact drop offs to get them back on board
* Report of active learners per site on a weekly basis. Report in excel to contain
* SAP employee number
* Learner Name
* Learner Surname
* Identity number
* Days present or absent
* Report to be sent to the head office learnership administrator by 1pm every Monday
* Scan all absenteeism related documents for the previous week i.e leave forms,
* Report on terminations with required documentation in place on a weekly basis.
Send responses to:
Compass Group South Africa is committed to Employment Equity in line with legislation and will give first preference to candidates as per Equity requirements
How to Apply
Call us: 011 000 0000
Contact Person: A Recruiter
Remuneration: Market related
Send CV to: [email protected]