Metropolitan Health (MH) invites unemployed applicants with Matric, including Persons with Disabilities, to apply for a Learnership opportunity. The learnership programme is for 12 months and successful completion leads to the qualification Further Education Training Certificate (FETC): Medical Claims Assessing NQF Level 4.
The qualification will provide successful learners with increased chances of employability in the claims assessing and broader insurance industry.
Closing date for applications is 30 January 2014 and interviews will take place from 22 January 2014.
Successful candidates must be available from 10 February 2014 to 31 January 2015. On a fulltime basis.
The learnership will be hosted in the following offices:
Cape Town CBD
- Attending full day classroom lessons and practical work
- Completing weekly logbooks for workplace based learning
- Compiling a Portfolio of Evidence for submission to SETA
- Achieving the required level in the formative and summative assessments
- Demonstrating commitment to working in the medical scheme industry
- Displaying a willingness to learn corporate values and technicalities
- Acquiring knowledge of company products and services
- Showing understanding of the operational processes and demonstrating skills learnt when using the company’s systems
Please note that these requirements are non-negotiable.
- Passed Grade 12 in English and another official language with a level 4 or D symbol D ( 50% and above )
- Passed Mathematics with level 4 or D symbol ( 50% and above) or Mathematical Literacy with level 6 or B symbol ( 70% and above)
- Computer literate (MS Office)
- Unemployed and can commit 12 months to the programme
- South African citizens between the ages of 18 and 35 years
- Able to commute to the workplace on their own
- Must not be on a current learnership or have completed the same learnership
- Assertive and good communication skills
- Ability to access and use information
- Self-Management and results-driven
- Client centric oriented
- Attention to detail and high level accuracy
- Ability to work under pressure and be creative while solving problems innovatively
Shortlisted candidates will be subjected to the following statutory checks:
We reserve the right not to fill the vacancy. Should you not be contacted within two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful.
How To Apply
Closing Date: 30 January 2014