Posted on :
17 Jun, 2016
17 Jun, 2016
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm’s employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries. As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career – a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
We are looking for someone to join the Institutional Securities Documentation group to negotiate master agreements for the OTC Derivatives Business. The focus of the role will be on master trading documentation (including ISDA Agreements, GMRA, GMSLA, OSLA) for a variety of derivatives products. The typical products/services we provide are: interest rate, credit, equity, foreign exchange, commodities, and financing.
The core responsibility of a negotiator is to prepare and negotiate master trading documentation and credit support annexes for a diversity of clients who are global, cross divisional and multi-asset class. The Negotiator works closely with sales and trading and other relevant departments such as legal, risk, credit, operations, treasury, financing, tax to negotiate the legal terms, resolve client queries and to execute trading documentation.. Master trading agreements tend to be heavily negotiated, which will give the successful candidate an insight into a variety of regulatory, legal, credit and risk management issues, and will provide him/her with an excellent learning opportunity. There are also opportunities to be involved and/or to manage projects in the documentation sphere.
The Negotiator will be responsible for:
– Drafting and negotiating Master Trading Agreements, Credit Support Annexes, Amendments and Ancillary Agreements (legal documents)
– Reviewing and analysing constitutional documents to determine Capacity & Authority to engage in covered derivative products
– Responding to internal and external clients questions
– Updating internal systems
– Review of underlying jurisdictional opinions as necessary
– Excellent oral and written communication skills in English
– Effective negotiation and influencing skills
– Strong analytical and problem solving abilities
– High level of attention to detail
– Good team player with ability to work independently
– Excellent organizational skills and ability to deal with multiple, varied priorities
– Solution-orientated mind-set, pro-active and self-sufficient attitude
– There are no specific IT skills required for this role, but technically minded, computer-literate candidates are more likely to excel.
– Master or Bachelor’s degree (preferably in Law or Economics)