SANCCOB has a position available for a Marketing and Fundraising Intern to join their Cape Town centre in Table View.
Although no stipend is offered, this is an excellent opportunity for a newly qualified young person to gain valuable work experience in a well-established organisation, over a period of 3-6 months.
The Southern African Foundation for the Conservation of Coastal Birds is a leading marine conservation non-profit organisation.
- Assist the Marketing and Fundraising Officer with:
- Planning and implementing marketing and fundraising campaigns (such as the Donate a Brick and Adopt a Penguin campaigns)
- Events and activations (such as the annual benefit auction and Penguin Festival)
- SANCCOB’s social media sites, social media planning, producing written and marketing content
- Producing press releases for local and international media and supporters
- Photography and video content creation
- Media and film crews
- Requesting auction items for the on-going online auction
- Assist the Fundraising Assistant with:
- Processing adoption packs
- Receipting donations, recording donor data and preparing and sending thank you letters
- Requesting in-kind donations
- Conducting weekly stock takes
- General filing and administrative assistance
The successful candidate will have demonstrable proof of the following:
- Tertiary qualification in marketing, media or public relations (or similar)
- A passion for marketing and fundraising for a cause
- Excellent interpersonal and public skills, outgoing personality
- Ability to multitask and work under pressure
- Ability to work in a team-oriented environment while maintaining an individual workload
- Advanced computer skills (Microsoft Office Suite)
- Strong administration skills
- Valid Code 8 drivers licence
Length: 3-6 month internship
Closing date: 21 April 2017
Hours of work: Monday to Friday, 08:00-17:00
Please forward CV, a letter of motivation and design/portfolio (if available) to [email protected] for attention: Marketing and Fundraising Officer.